Efrem's heart surgery!

Efrem is my 2 year old boy and he will have second heart surgery at the end of October.

Hello everyone, in short our son (Caramidaru Efrem Adrian) needs heart surgery (first intervention was when he had one month) and I need to be home with him, my wife and our 3month old daughter. We are in Canada on work permits and simply can not afford to sit home as I am the only one working, I need to be home for them and go through this stage of our lives together.

We love Canada and it's a wonderful country just that one trouble does not come alone we didn't had a chance to prepare financially for this situation.

Our son was diagnosed with a heart malformation while still in the tumy, when my wife (Caramidaru Dumitrita) was four months pregnant.

He has Congenitally Corrected Transposition of the greater arteries with large inlet to outlet VSD(ventricular septal deviation) and at one months old he had surgery to try to metigate first problem but the VSD complicates things very much and he requires multiple more interventions in his life time sadly but we are happy that both at UZ Leuven in Belgium and BC Children's Hospital in Vancouver, BC we found extraordinary people who are very friendly and helpful.

I am a truck driver for Spady Transport in BC, Canada and I am payed by the mile, no miles no money and with the birth of Caramidaru Mara Daniela this June things are very hard for my wife and they will be extremely hard on 31st of October 2019 when the surgery is scheduled and recuperation period, I need to help her, I need to be home in some way or another.

After the first intervention Efrem spent about 1week in intensive care and it was very hard on us, now Efrem will be 2 years old on the 6th of October and I presume recuperation will be a lot harder for him and for us, we just need a life line for about a month and a half of expenses so we can afford for me to be home.

Rent money, gas, utilities, phone bills etc.. As if I stay one month at home it still would take 2weeks until I get income and the ballpark is about 5000 Canadian dollars.

For a little background, I am Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan, my wife Caramidaru Dumitrita and we were born in România, after living in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and 2014 to 2018 in Belgium we decided and had the opportunity to come to Canada.

Arrived in May 2018 and for about 3-4 month all 3 of us workers as truck driver's (as my wife is one also) "two truck drivers and a half" Bogdan, Dumi and Efrem, we visited pretty much every inland state of USA and a big chunk of Canada, it was hard but we were together and we remained within great memories.

About one year ago we found out how complicated things were with the VSD and afterwards much debate and many many checkups and controls my wife stopped working so she can attend to Efrem and hospital appointments, also se remained pregnant out daughter Mara.

So, thats left me for main income in the family, but as mentioned above one trouble does not come alone in short succession or second hand Subaru died, we had to move rent, new rent has rats and the most difficult was that me and my wife stayed together daily for many many years and now this separation (me gone 4-8days or more) is very hard on us, we have no friends or family from România to help psyhicaly or financially and after exhausting every idea that we could think of we finally found gofundme.

Thank you very much

Efrem Adrian

P. S. - you can choose 0% for tip but if you can't and still want to donate caramidaru.bogdan@outlook.com for PayPal.
Thank you

Last edited:
Hey Mr C,

Sorry to hear about your son, I'll make sure we put a tweet out for you to see if we can help with reaching your target! I can see you are already half way there, which is great!!

Paul

Mr C! I miss our long chats putting the sim-racing world to rights mate. Really sorry to hear about your son, I hope everything goes perfectly and that he recovers well from the surgery. All my best to you and your family bud. :thumbsup:

Holly Molly cutest dolly, we thank you very much for everything it's beyond our expectations.
These procedure be it very complicated it is still wide known and our only "fear" is the intensive care after, it will be hard to see him crying not able to move but this shall pass too...
I'll update you here after initial surgery control 22nd and after surgery.
Again thank you very much, this community is beyond amazing

I havent been on this website for a long long time and now i read this Mr C.
I feel so gutted for you and really hope that this situation is being solved as soon as possible.

Regards and a friendly hug,
Bjorn

Quick update :) campaign is going good and this past Sunday Efrem turned 2 year's old, and we were very happy that we could celebrate before the procedure.
I am still amazed by the amount of support we got from the Simracing community, amazing for me mind-blowing for my wife (gues I'll use that joker later in life for more race day's).

You can have a giggle at this Google drive folder with some pictures

@everyone thank you

1581542071287.png

Great news!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%