Editing your .PLR file

This isn't every option I have changed but I highlighted the important ones.

PLRAdjust.png

Yellow are optional tweaks. The flow lines change how smoke and fire act around your car and others, The backfire anim is WAY too slow by default and some of the rear view mirror settings for distance rendering improvement.

Orange are the big changes. Mostly to do with the "feel" and movement inside the cockpit including but not limited to high speed shake, Look ahead prediction and rear view FOV.

Here's a video of what some of these orange settings can do if you screw with them too much. :tongue:CAUTION.. Avoid fullscreen if you get motion sickness.

Posted my first real videos with the adjusted head movement.

This is with the settings laid out above.

However after a week or so of driving like that I felt like some of the spark had been removed from the game. Some of the wild and crazy. So I changed the look ahead slightly to

Lookahead Angle="0.12000" //

and

Head Physics="0.75000" //

from within the game in the rate's tab. (numbers are different there)

It felt very odd with so little movement so I tweaked some more and have settled on this.

The head movement up and down helps loads with the butterflies. (getting them that is)

Hey guys

I tried some of these settings, though awesome on replay, I prefer a steadier camera when driving. I found this video which would be ideal for me. Any clues on how to replicate the effect of the more subtle front to back head movement? Thank you.

PS; NVM, I found the settings.

I've since turned the cockpit vibrations down to 0% magnitude, and instead use the head movement parameter in the controller options. Gives me a better idea of the track surface I'm driving on.

The settings in the OP seem to be made to simulate the driver's head movements, whereas I prefer to have something more fixed. That's why I've undone a lot of them myself.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back