editing fxa and fxm files

How do you edit fxa and fxm files?

The GT Pro addon cars of Lambo, Ferrari and Maserati, the windscreen wiper is really annoying on the Ferrari, and would like to move it so it doesnt sit in the middle of the windscreen.

I suppose the other option is to delete the files and then the wiper wont appear (either that or the game will blow up).

I dont intend to release the changes publicly, its purely for personal preference, and I dont want to bother the author with a change if I seem to be the only one with a problem with it.

:)

How do you edit fxa and fxm files?

The GT Pro addon cars of Lambo, Ferrari and Maserati, the windscreen wiper is really annoying on the Ferrari, and would like to move it so it doesnt sit in the middle of the windscreen.

I suppose the other option is to delete the files and then the wiper wont appear (either that or the game will blow up).

I dont intend to release the changes publicly, its purely for personal preference, and I dont want to bother the author with a change if I seem to be the only one with a problem with it.

If you want to remove the wipers, edit the .cas files for each car and search for "wiper" then rem the entry out by adding // in front of the line that contains wiper.gmt

If you want to keep the wiper but have it stop in the horizontal in stead of the vertical you need to use a different wiper from another car , rename the files to match how you will hex edit them next and also edit your inccar files, then edit it with 3DSimEd then hex edit the FXM and FXA to get the base wiper pivot point located on the car correctly. This pivot point is not the pivot point values that is found in 3DSimED FYI...

hope this helps...

Thanks for the help.

I have commented out the line in the one file, does the job for now, even though theres no wiper effects. Will have a play with the video files once i install the right programs.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing