Editable HDV Files for AMS?

Totally understandable . It would be really cool though if Reiza could perhaps provide a few generic .HDV or .TBC files for modders now that the core engine has so many new tweaks. I'd love to see a generic set of GT and open wheeler files for modders to reference or use as a rough base so there can some type of standardization with the physics (in mods) from here on out.

I'm not sure they can do that due to their deal with ISI. Reiza said no support to mods

But they also have this banner on their own forums:

74323ed91d1ddb3ab77a337c7d8fe58c.png

I don't see why I should.

...because you criticised people for not understanding something , so apparently easy to understand, even when they asked for your help to better understand it.

Advertising the fact there are mods out there and pointing users on their official forums to a place to get them is not a case of 'no support'.

Reiza might have good reason to obscure that support but you can't act surprised when there's confusion amongst your userbase when you say one thing and do another, regardless of what others may or may not be doing in other games/communities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm personally loving the base game/content of AMS and maybe tempted by their DLC offerings but the content is still quite limited and a healthy modding community could help that.

It'd be great if, through whatever means, some of the newer features or ways to get the most out of a car/track were made available to those that wanted to bring their mods up to the high standards of AMS to the best of their ability.

...because you criticised people for not understanding something , so apparently easy to understand, even when they asked for your help to better understand it.

Advertising the fact there are mods out there and pointing users on their official forums to a place to get them is not a case of 'no support'.

Reiza might have good reason to obscure that support but you can't act surprised when there's confusion amongst your userbase when you say one thing and do another, regardless of what others may or may not be doing in other games/communities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm personally loving the base game/content of AMS and maybe tempted by their DLC offerings but the content is still quite limited and a healthy modding community could help that.

It'd be great if, through whatever means, some of the newer features or ways to get the most out of a car/track were made available to those that wanted to bring their mods up to the high standards of AMS to the best of their ability.

There's a difference between mods being possible and mods being officially "supported" by the developer. Yes, AMS can be modded but per the contract with ISI Reiza cannot market it as a modding platform and they probably can't make changes explicitly for the sake of having/helping mods. It's a bit of a gray area, I'd presume that since rF2 is clearly a modding platform ISI would rather not face competition from AMS in that department. Yes, Reiza can say "Hey, there are some mods over there if you want them" but they probably can't give any direct assistance/info to modders and they can't build in any features that make modding easier.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back