Edit / Switch Active Track

has anyone noticed in the Edit / Switch Active Track dialogue box that there's a numerical/spinner box just to the right of the "Visible" check box that is by default 0.00, and when you hover the mouse over it the tooltip says:

"Allows track to be raised to place skidmarks upon"

Has anyone used this? What does it do? How does it work? Is it useful?

I think the idea was that instead building many walls above the track, you could copy the whole thing and using material change sections - fill the rised track with transparent materials like skidmarks, dirt etc. Leaving some parts of the copied track without any material is possible - no polygons there :) You can even split the copied track for parts. Just saving time, I guess.
I used it once, but the option seemed not to work - nothing happened - the track was not moving up or down. The solution was to select all nodes of the "fake" track and move them up just a little in max zoomed 2D side-view ;)

I see... Very interesting effect, LOL :D On the picture I copied the track three times with different settings - it always affects the very first line of polygons.
I also thought it could be some setting to specify what exactly could mean "Grounded" for walls, so i draw one (visible as white there) - also not this one.
So, seems to be the option does not work properly? Maybe in btb 2.0 :tongue: :)

Attachments

• raise_track_LOL.jpg
    raise_track_LOL.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 246

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back