Eddie Jordan: VW close to Red Bull takeover deal

Strangely, has no one considered that VW may just use their own name in F1? They already have their name in WRC and supplying engines in F3. Porsche won't happen since they already said they weren't interested. Audi could be a possibility as I remember a while back when Schumacher was coming back, there were talks then.

Lamborghini seems like the only reasonable alternative brand to VW itself.

The VW brand doesn't fit. Even sounds weird. Lamborghini sounds and feels nice. Lamborghini F1...see!?

Besides, the irony of Lamborghini cars with Ferrari engines in F1 is just too rich.

For sales and brand recognition the options are VW and maybe Audi.
* the revenue of Lamborghini €469 million (2012)
* the revenue of VW €197.007 billion (2013)

It would be pure marketing non-sense to throw millions to put a car on track and label it Lambo.

I find hard to believe a new manufacturer would come on with the uncertainty over the rules that we have now.

Also getting themselves into the sport at a time where power units will be pretty much completely frozen.

But who knows...

VAG already runs several programs and they have expressed pretty clear that they are not interested in a F1 campaign in the near future. Maybe some talks have occurred between RBR en VAG and that's what Eddy is referring to but I wouldn't draw a conclusion from that. Im sure RBR has been in talks with Honda/Ferrari/Mercedes/Renault/VAG/Bernie/etc etc.......:p

RBR wants to be a works team but with only 3 engine manufacturers from which 2 say "NO" they are well least to say limited in their options.

In my opinion I don't see VAG happen until at least 2021, after that it will be remain to see what the new engine format is going to be and who knows what will happen then. But until then,... NO

With a possible 18B claim for misleading emissions with their US diesel cars I doubt VW´s focus is still on F1. VW losts 18% of their stockvalue today.
Well, the Postillon just posted that their sales went up because the americans are happy that they have more emissions :p

(Satiric-magazine)

Personally I hope they keep the Audi brand attached to the WEC and DTM and introduce one of their other sister brands into the Formula 1:

800px-Bugatti_logo.svg.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back