Ecclestone Ousted as F1 CEO - Chase Carey Takes Control

so, does this mean they have now some compotent folks at the top and finally stop giving the F1 license to "GamepadMasters" anymore ..... wait, wasn't Kunos just bought by someone :whistling:

I would say the polar opposite they will probably sell more licences not less so what could be worse than an EA Sports Formula 1 Xbox or PS4 game pad game (still thinking but pretty sure there is something ....)

I would say the polar opposite they will probably sell more licences not less so what could be worse than an EA Sports Formula 1 Xbox or PS4 game pad game (still thinking but pretty sure there is something ....)

...puhhh, a tough one. Worse than EA Sports...hmm :rolleyes: Nothing against gamepads for racing-sims/games, i use them myself for e.g. DriveClub, but Formula1 with a Gamepad, really a NoGo.

Sports, just like video games and music needs to be in the hands of people passionate for the sport/game/music, and not in the hands of a consortium of business men.
So i doubt it's a turn to the better, but it also could barely get any worse.

Don't think it'll change anything. F1 is in the path to become irrelevant outside Europe. The only way to get F1 to be exciting again would be setting the clock back in time at least 30 years, leave the teams loose to do whatever they want in a very little constrained rule set.

Otherwise, whats the fun to watch 22 extremely similar cars in tracks that passing is almost overruled?

More likely to end up with more of the former and less of the later sadly money is the sole concern of these people. I think a two race format will be high on the agenda as more younger people have the attention span of flea.

On top of that expect to see more exposure and licensing deals, sponsorship deals, advertising, video's and merchandising hopefully Ross can help make the actual racing more competitive and bring the teams closer together on the grid and race track.

I fear the advertising side too. Que the "Here's your Doritos(TM) overtake of the day! Sponsored by Honda"

F1 is in the path to become irrelevant outside Europe.

Eh... What? German GP being no more and the European GP being held in ****ing Baku, Silverstone raising the proverbial white flag and the problem is the series becoming irrelevant outside of Europe? If anything I'd say it's the reverse. Axe tracks like Baku and Abu Dhabi, bring back some of the iconic races and maybe shuffle some stuff around, the US can/should probably host both a "American GP" and a US GP, personally I think it would be real fun to see the Glen back. The Indy vs F1 rivalry would be glorious.

well, yeah, v12, V10, V8.... whatever...the car must be a beast again. Roaring Engines, a beast of a car where the drivers update their testament every new race-session :D

right now, you can watch the race and if hamilton is first after first corner, he stays to 99% in pole. no engine-failures, no drama, boring races most of the time.

Compared to last seasons MotoGP campaign, perhaps one of the most exciting, record breaking, dramatic, and amazing on-track performances filled years for that Motorsport....

...I fell asleep during most F1 races!

Please fix, Mr. Mustache and that fleshy body that appears to be stuck in your well groomed hair.

Before Bernie took control of F1 it was a mess. Maybe not the racing on the track but behind the scenes it needed to be sorted out badly and he managed to do it with great success. Yes he controls F1 with a firm grip but the teams are sometimes like little school children who throw their toys out of the pram at every opportunity. I admire him for achieving this if nothing else.

Of course what's happened in recent history is the enormous budgets that have to be spent to survive in this sport. As we discussed on another post, almost none of the circuits make any money out of holding a grand prix anymore such is the level of the expenses and cost of being allowed to stage one. For one thing Liberty Media need to sort this out over the next few years. Whether they will though remains to be seen as there are many a country still willing to pay umpteen million to hold a race.

I won't criticise Bernie about the cars, that's down to the FIA and their rule book. He doesn't have much control over that.

However it is his responsibility to run the "business" that is F1 and yes I think it's about time he moved on.

Hopefully things like support for smaller teams will be made better, entry fees for circuits will be made less (both for the circuit and the people attending) so to at least allow them to make a profit.

My only worry is Liberty Media are just that, a media company. So probably say hello to things like online broadcasts, social media, Youtube videos, etc. But don't expect it to be free, they are in it to make money as well so I can't see much changing on that side of things. It would be funny though if all of a sudden F1 turns into WWF....:laugh:

This idiot wanted WALLS on corners to stop drivers running wide and WATER spraying on the track as artificial rain.....he is a senile loon.

I doubt it will happen but I would like to see F1 not racing in dodgy countries like Russia (sure there were many brown envelopes heading in Ecclestone's direction over that one) or countries in the Middle East with Barbaric, Archaic Regimes that treat Women like animals and behead or stone people in the streets, Ecclestone would go anywhere that paid him the most money, I hope Liberty move away from that.

Again I can’t see this happening but I would like to see Liberty ditch the pathetic Monaco GP, it is a complete and utter waste of time, if they really must keep it then keep it only as a none Championship exhibition event.

Eh... What? German GP being no more and the European GP being held in ****ing Baku, Silverstone raising the proverbial white flag and the problem is the series becoming irrelevant outside of Europe? If anything I'd say it's the reverse. Axe tracks like Baku and Abu Dhabi, bring back some of the iconic races and maybe shuffle some stuff around, the US can/should probably host both a "American GP" and a US GP, personally I think it would be real fun to see the Glen back. The Indy vs F1 rivalry would be glorious.

I think that is the consequence not the cause of the decline, the cost of going to a GP (in the UK at least) is just ludicrous, which is why I have never been to one. I pay £27 to go and watch SIX hours of BTCC racing, I get to walk around the back of the pits, meet the drivers, get up close and take pics of the cars, for a SMALL additional fee you can join the Grid walk and get your program signed by your Team\Driver, compare that with F1 http://www.bookf1.com/f1-britain/tickets.htm?gclid=CNXJzZ7T29ECFeUp0wod9SEIuA which is ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY NINE POUNDS for basic entry on Sunday.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back