ECCI | Official Support Thread

I just fell in love with this system.... it has no convencional force feedback with electromotors as we know, but all the effects are provided with mechanical pistons, dampers and springs...

It is the formula 1 for simulator controls for me.... and with shipping from US you can have it in Europe for only 1599$... :)
Of course the wheel itself you can have it at least in 15 different shape and colour, as you wish, i liked this the most....

I think when i got home i will immediately try to turn off force feedback on my G25, curious what will happen....

6000MT1_50.jpg

6000_11_m.jpg

Reviewing the ECCI 6000 GTS

Hi guys,

Yes, my set arrived yesterday!

First part of the review will be very much incomplete, since i cant try it out yet, i am at home in Hungary, and my PC gave up, i am writing now from my company laptop.

First impression: WOW.......!!!!!

The whole set is 27 kg (!), and the very first time i opened the boxes, what everywhere i found is just pure quality... I was like a big child at christmas, opening one box after another, finding new wonderful presents :) :) :)

Each and every piece is built for lifetime, this i can say without even using them. The weight says already a lot, there is no any cost cutting in the amount of materials they put in the components. From all parts one thing is shouting to you: i was made to last forever in the highest possible quality human brain can imagine!

Just one example: the pedals metal thickness is 6mm, the wheel base is 9mm rock solid metal......
The paddle set is also a piece of art, they are operated also with a spring like the pedals, and they are not switching a normal electrical switch, but 2 metal parts are getting connected at the end of the movement, which is bringing the signal that you moved the paddle. Huh... :)

The finishing, painting, wheel leather sewing, everything is just top notch!

Maybe i will have also a very easy solution to have my G25 shifter connected, on the wheel there is a spare DB-9 connector for additional peripherials, i mail-ed already ECCI guys if this is compatible with the G25 shifter, if yes then in 2 seconds i wil have a shifter as well, i hope so.... :)
ooops, update, i got a quick reply to my mail from John at ECCI (it is 01.00 AM there now....)
"I am certain that the wiring in the Logitech shifter will not work with our electronics. We do not recommend trying to connect the two because the Logitech shifter has its own power circuit and this may conflict with the power in the HDUSB interface."

I just cant erase the smile from my face, without even trying the whole thing out!

p.s.: i was sleeping with my 29mm Grant wheel, like a 5 years old boy with his teddy bear.... :) :) :) (yeah i know, i will be 30 in a month, but pssssst.... lol)

Upvote 0
Wow Neo, that is some serious kit. It looks much more solid than anything I have seen so you'll have to work very hard to break it. It's amazing how far PC simulation has progressed.
Hope this doesn't make you any faster or we'll all have to get one to keep up. Looking forward to your comments after it settles in.

Upvote 0
Part 2 will be very short because i am very tired: i started to assemble together the set, and at 22.30 i am finished.... (almost lol)

There is soo much adjustment options, and all of them is mechanical, unbeleivable.....
I still need to adjust it, my complete rack needed to be reorganized because of the different parameters of the wheel and the pedals, so the adjustment is far not complete yet.

I will also need an addon for the pedals for proper fixing, because the fixation wholes are not at the same positions as the rack, so i will need a metal plate or stg as a conversion.

After this all day long assembling now i am really exhausted, i do not even try out the wheel now, because then i will not sleep anything, just checked if it is working ok.. :) But the first feeling is: IT IS F...ING PRECISE MECHANISM!!!! :) :) :) :)

Calibration is a piece of cake, 1 min thingy.

Oh, and the pedals guys.. for the brake i assembled the Race brake upgrade: it is so stiff towards the end of the travel which i did not feel so far, not even in a real car!!! (ok, i drove only normal street cars, not race car). It is an unbeleivable feeling to the break in the game, i feel every small correction over the braking distance, although i still need to get used to it :)

So, thats it so far, i am going to sleep now....

Upvote 0
If you reviews are like this: i want one as well... Looks that the guys from ECCI did an amazing job to please you.
Good service, good products, good results and a happy Neo.
Weldone mate, i hope i can still catch up now :p

Upvote 0
TheStig[RPM said:
]Looks that the guys from ECCI did an amazing job to please you.
Good service, good products, good results and a happy Neo.

That is absolutely true!!!
I donno my laptimes yet with the new wheel, just made out of the pits after calibration to see if it is working well, and then... sleep sleep sleep sleep... :)

Upvote 0
Okido, few days racing pause for me... In order to make the conversion plate to fix the pedals properly i had to disassemble it totally and also the rack, so no racing until this part is ready... i hope on Wednesday i will be back, at least 1 day practise for the next Mini tour round... :)

Upvote 0
Gr Neo, very nice piece of art.

If i understand the technique you feel forces but they are mechanical, am i right.

Do these forces change during driving i mean heavy steering when low speed cornering and less heavy steering in fast corners?

Upvote 0
The forces are mechanically provided yes, they are absolutely independent from the game, for the same amount of steering wheel movement you always get the same forces. (the strength, progressivity, pre-load and so on you can change with applying different springs provided with the wheel).

Upvote 0
Aaaaaand, here is the pic of my cockpit with the ECCI set. :)
The pedals are not screwed down yet, i am still waiting for that plate to do it, but basically there will be no visible difference. Now just one final touch, a good shifter just for the realism (maybe the Sim-Gear one), and then i can really say, that my dream cockpit came into reality!

My_Cockpit.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back