Ebay Handbrake Causes Power Surge

Hey Community,

a while back i created a forum about my ebay handbrake causing a power surge on my pc which disables me from using my handbrake which is incredibly frustrating for drifting. the forum got little to no attention and also did not get me further.. is there a fix to make my handbrake work again?

ATTENTION
ive tried anything that came to my attention such as connecting the handbrake into a usb hub then connecting that into my pc, unplugging all other usb devices, searching online help and searching for updates all over my pc.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1066209

Is it too late to return to the seller for an exchange?

It was working OK until the beginning of August then?
If so, that would indicate some fault has occurred?
Can you post images of the handbrake electronics?

Arduino forums suggest a short circuit.. can you swap the USB cable for another?

I bulit my own handbrake using the AM Studios instructions and that simply uses a potentiometer and an Arduino; I'd guess that your handbrake might be similar?

Last edited:
It was working OK until the beginning of August then?
If so, that would indicate some fault has occurred?
Can you post images of the handbrake electronics?

Arduino forums suggest a short circuit.. can you swap the USB cable for another?

I bulit my own handbrake using the AM Studios instructions and that simply uses a potentiometer and an Arduino; I'd guess that your handbrake might be similar?
hey mate sorry for the late reply, all i had to do was swap out the usb cable that came with it. it somehow broke, anyways its working now thanks for putting me on the hint. appreciate it!

• Deleted member 1066209

Nice! Thanks for providing your solution.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back