Easy 2 to 3 pedal conversion solutions ?

RCHeliguy

Premium
I love driving cars with an H pattern shifter, like Dirt Rally cars, or the MX-5 in iRacing.

However I just started driving the Ferrari 488 GT3 and realized that I'm going to need to brake with my left leg to be competitive.

So I was thinking that I would mount my clutch and dead pedal to an aluminum plate beveled from the bottom and use easily accessible lever bolts on the top to secure them in place. Likewise I was thinking of mounting my brake and throttle to a single plate.

The idea being that I could slide my clutch and dead pedal out of the way and then center my brake and throttle better and then go back quickly.

Thoughts or better ideas?

Scrap aluminum.
The idea is that the brake and clutch will bolt to a plate that will be easy to secure to the pedal deck.
I have an RJ9 extension ordered that will lengthen the stock cable between the throttle and brake.
The base plate will slide to the side so that the brake ends up where the clutch normally is and viola' it will transform from a 3 pedal to a 2 pedal layout where left leg braking is more comfortable.

It's time to try out my new in the box aluminum cutting blade for my table saw :)

sliding plate.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This works pretty nicely. Fiddling with the small bolts that hold the Sprints in place was a pain.

The 9 x 8mm bolts are overkill for holding the plate in place, but I also don't need to tighten the 8mm bolts like crazy and I have easy access. Currently I just have some masking tape on the back of the plate. I'll put some 2" wide HDMW tape on the back of the plate so it doesn't scare up the 40x120 profile.

Now I just need to wait for my RJ9 extension to arrive tomorrow and I can try out left foot braking in comfort :)

ThreePedal_4239.jpg

2pedal_4238.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline