AC [East Coast] Ferrari 458 s3 @ Blackwood - Wednesday, August 6th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That was quite fun! I *almost* had a clean race but at least I waited till the last lap to have a major goof. I cant wait till the next race.

Great fun, great to meet all the new people, see ya at the next one.

I'm gonna say it, can we get a little more grip to start the race, felt like iracing.:)

Yea, everybody thought it was even slicker than practice so setups were off a little once race started. Is there a way to refence it so we no what to practice on.

We just need to get more ppl to race so it fills in with rubber ;)
Thing is with AC right now, I think if you choose "Green" for practice, it still assigns grip randomly when it starts. WIsh there was a way to manually assign it without having to edit some configuration file

It's all set in the server_cfg.ini file.
There are four different settings related to the track conditions:

[DYNAMIC_TRACK]
SESSION_START= Level of grip that the track will begin at for the first session (% of 100%. 100% = "Optimum". 94% = Green track)

RANDOMNESS= % of possible deviation from the SESSION_START value.

LAP_GAIN= Number of laps required to gain 1% of track grip. (Total of everyone's laps, not singular. 10 people, 3 laps each = 30 laps)

SESSION_TRANSFER= The percentage of the spread from beginning of the session to the end of the session that is carried over to the next session. So, for example, if you set the SESSION_TRANSFER value to = 50, and start at 90% grip, and by the end of the session you reach 98%, then the spread is 8%. So, in the next session you'll start with 50% of that spread, so the track will begin at 94%.

It was currently at
Start:90
Random:2
Gain:45
Trans:95
we can adjust it however you guys feel would be better. That is the setup i planned to use for the regular events to try for realism.

As for the grip level's for a reference,
In practice mode:

Dusty = 84%
Old = 89%
Slow = 95%
Green = 94%
Fast = 99%
Optimum = 100%

I can't remember where I read it but it was stated that if you really want realism, unless it rains hard and cleans track, you will probably have a pretty rubbered in track by race time. Week of practicing, qualify, and different class races means you will probably never race on dusty or green track.

Great race everyone, enjoyed racing with you, hope to see you and other people on track again. Next week I'm out of town, so hopefully the next time will be in two weeks.

As for the grip, I think that for the race it should reach at least 95%, for this race it got to 93% at the beginning of the race, which I personally found a bit too slippery. That was probably because we were not too many on the track in the previous sessions. Maybe the config should be made depending on the number of people signed up for the race.

Seems the consensus is to be grippier, so theres two ways to go about it. More grip from the start, or a faster gain. Or a combination of the two of course. So what say next time we start with 94% (green) and gain by about 30. That way if theres around ten cars, every three laps it gains 1%.

i think in the latest update it carries over from session. Can you start it green in practice so by time we get to race it would be optimum.

@Mihaly Marton After my goof at the beginning of the last lap, I got overly cautious for the rest of the lap. I thought I was safe there at the end and thought I had a good run up to the finish line, but you must have got a better exit out of there than I did. Not sure if I could have kept it together enough if there was another lap!

When I saw both of you out of the track in the last lap I first though there was a collision, so I slowed down a bit on the straight, otherwise I could have got you :unsure: yeah, right in my dreams :roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.9%