F1 2011 Easily beat team mate in season 1 on legend, now I can't keep up anymore?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I am currently in my second season for team lotus after having finished well down the field with just 2 points in season 1 but always finishing way ahead of the other cars, including my team mate. Because I'm playing on legend this is about what I had expected, being stuck in the back of the field. I somehow manged to finish 9th in a wet Istanbul race to grab the only points of that season.

Starting season 2 the car has become a bit better but I somehow lack the pace to keep up with my team mate, whom I out-qualified and outraced nearly every single time in season 1. I even have difficulty getting into Q2. Three races into season 2 and I've already been out-qualified every race and I struggle to keep the other cars I should be able to compete with behind. The only reason I've managed to finish in front of them is the ability to block in a very aggressive way and they seem to lose a lot of time when the leaders start lapping us.

Is it just me or did this happen to other people as well? It is a bit confusing how I can beat him so easily in season 1 and now I'm struggling just to match his pace. I might have to turn down the difficulty to professional just to be competitive again, which I'd rather not.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back