Easiest way to upload a whole replay too Youtube

Cayd

Podiums: 6 / Race wins: 2
Title says it all, my plan was too record it with fraps and compress it with Movie maker.
Is there a simpler/easier way?

If you stream and put it on youTube, you have Fraps/DxTory/Shadowplay/Afterburner/Mirillis running at the same time as streaming requires you to heavily encode the video before sending to the streaming service.

It depends on the type of content you want to make (commentary / no commentary; live commentary / post commentary; raw footage / edited footage ....) but basically:

* Record your gameplay
* Edit the footage
* Encode
* Upload to youTube

Recording - if your PC is beafy enough, you can record while driving.
If you barely can hold 30 FPS while driving, you should think about recording the replay rather than the actual gameplay.
Which program you use depends on taste and system performance.
Haven't touched Fraps in a long time, but DxTory used to have way less performance impact than Fraps, is way more customizable and records seperate audio streams.

Editing footage - you don't want to do that in Movie Maker (if you mean the thing that comes with Windows)
There are quite some freeware editors out there, but i personally recommend getting Sony Movie Studio Platinum. It features all the good stuff Sony Vegas has except advanced compositing modes and advanced masking options but at a very small price.

Encode - google tells you what youTube loves:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en
To my understanding Windows Movie Maker doesn't even give you control over the encoding settings?

Upload - Fire and forget :)

If you have further questions, i will try to answer them.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%