DiRT Rally 2.0 Easiest Rally Stage and Tips for Beginner?

Finally got the input settings reasonably dialed in for my Logi G29 based upon this video. Now as a beginner sim rallyer (as opposed to sim racer), which rally and stage would you recommend I start with?

Also, is there a video somewhere explaining proper use of the handbrake in rallying? And for you G27/G29 users, which button do you have your handbrake mapped to?

Thanks!

My personal advice regarding handbrake would be to learn to use it as little as possible and try to rely more on weight transfer. Handbrake is mostly used to just assist that in some of the tighter corners, mostly in hairpins. It is tempting to learn to rely on handbrake a lot, and it can certainly be fun, but it also slows you down.

start with a basic or easy to drive car and progress from there. no point going straight in on RWD. hand brake is very important on many events. it is great if you can transfer weight turn in with just accelerator or brake but a handbrake will shave a lot of time off especially on events in argentina for eg. which is hand brake central. just practice and slowly push you will get quicker. then once you arent getting any quicker look at changing set ups.

start with a basic or easy to drive car and progress from there. no point going straight in on RWD. hand brake is very important on many events. it is great if you can transfer weight turn in with just accelerator or brake but a handbrake will shave a lot of time off especially on events in argentina for eg. which is hand brake central. just practice and slowly push you will get quicker. then once you arent getting any quicker look at changing set ups.

Sounds great! So which specific car/rally would you suggest?

Thanks!

My personal advice regarding handbrake would be to learn to use it as little as possible and try to rely more on weight transfer. Handbrake is mostly used to just assist that in some of the tighter corners, mostly in hairpins. It is tempting to learn to rely on handbrake a lot, and it can certainly be fun, but it also slows you down.
OK - I'll stay off of the handbrake for now. Thanks!

That's not what I meant, though :) Use it, certainly, just try to avoid the temptation of relying on it too much.

Also, it has to be said it kinda depends on car. You will likely need it more in FWD cars.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%