PC2 Early Project CARS 2 Trailer Leaked?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PCARS 2 Trailer 2.png

An interesting video has surfaced on the internet recently that could quite possibly be the first leaked trailer for the upcoming Project CARS 2 game from Slightly Mad Studios.

We all know the sequel to the highly popular Project CARS is in the works with an expected release date for some time during 2017, however could the below video be the very first leaked trailer from the new game? Ok hands up, I seriously have no idea if this is an official video or not, but man it looks impressive. The video, doing the rounds on the internet as we speak, features some of the first moving footage from the new game that I have seen so far. The one and a half minutes of footage gives us a first look at some new for PCARS2 goodies like snow conditions, changeable wind directions, rain build-up improvements and several new forms of racing and brands associated with the upcoming title.

From what I can make out from the newly leaked video it appears PC2 might well have one or two interesting new vehicles in the car line-up come release, with several Porsche's and Ferrari's having already made brief appearances in other leaked images, alongside such heavyweight manufacturers as Lamborghini, McLaren and Mercedes. Looking through the breakdown of the trailer above, we can see the McLaren P1 GTR, McLaren F1 GTR, Ford GT, Lamborghini Super Trofeo, Mini Countryman Rallycross, Ford Raptor Truck, Ford Capri Zakspeed, Ferrari 288 GTO, Nissan Fairlady, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe, Porsche 918, La Ferrari and the Jaguar XJ220. Please be aware, this trailer is by no means confirmed as official footage, and by all accounts the final game may not contain any or all of the vehicles depicted in the footage.

If we take what we've seen as correct from the above video, and add to this some of the cars we've already found in the game via other leaked screenshots, we are already starting to get an interesting picture of a wide variety of machinery that might make it into the new game from Slightly Mad Studios.

With the recent images leaks showing off a Ford Sierra Cosworth touring car, Mercedes A-Class, Ford Fiesta Rallycross and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo it appears that SMS are looking to cover a wide range of cars from different disciplines of racing and eras of production. I'm a fan of the classic cars myself, so those vehicles with a Group 5 leaning or the Sierra from 80's touring car racing both hold particular interest for me.

Other noteworthy things to take from the trailer include what appears to be the ability to bring snow conditions to the standard circuit racing tracks, with Brands Hatch used as an example in the video to show off the new weather feature. This is interesting as we very rarely see these kinds of conditions make an appearance outside of rally games. It will be interesting to see how Project CARS 2 simulates these conditions on a traditional tarmac racing surface.

Project CARS 2 is due for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC during 2017.

PCARS 2 Trailer 3.png
PCARS 2 Trailer 4.png
PCARS 2 Trailer 5.png
PCARS 2 Trailer.png

Check out the Project CARS Series forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

Are you looking forward to Project CARS 2? Will you be trying out the game on launch later this year? Let us know in the comments section below!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%