PC2 Early Project CARS 2 Trailer Leaked?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PCARS 2 Trailer 2.png

An interesting video has surfaced on the internet recently that could quite possibly be the first leaked trailer for the upcoming Project CARS 2 game from Slightly Mad Studios.

We all know the sequel to the highly popular Project CARS is in the works with an expected release date for some time during 2017, however could the below video be the very first leaked trailer from the new game? Ok hands up, I seriously have no idea if this is an official video or not, but man it looks impressive. The video, doing the rounds on the internet as we speak, features some of the first moving footage from the new game that I have seen so far. The one and a half minutes of footage gives us a first look at some new for PCARS2 goodies like snow conditions, changeable wind directions, rain build-up improvements and several new forms of racing and brands associated with the upcoming title.

From what I can make out from the newly leaked video it appears PC2 might well have one or two interesting new vehicles in the car line-up come release, with several Porsche's and Ferrari's having already made brief appearances in other leaked images, alongside such heavyweight manufacturers as Lamborghini, McLaren and Mercedes. Looking through the breakdown of the trailer above, we can see the McLaren P1 GTR, McLaren F1 GTR, Ford GT, Lamborghini Super Trofeo, Mini Countryman Rallycross, Ford Raptor Truck, Ford Capri Zakspeed, Ferrari 288 GTO, Nissan Fairlady, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe, Porsche 918, La Ferrari and the Jaguar XJ220. Please be aware, this trailer is by no means confirmed as official footage, and by all accounts the final game may not contain any or all of the vehicles depicted in the footage.

If we take what we've seen as correct from the above video, and add to this some of the cars we've already found in the game via other leaked screenshots, we are already starting to get an interesting picture of a wide variety of machinery that might make it into the new game from Slightly Mad Studios.

With the recent images leaks showing off a Ford Sierra Cosworth touring car, Mercedes A-Class, Ford Fiesta Rallycross and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo it appears that SMS are looking to cover a wide range of cars from different disciplines of racing and eras of production. I'm a fan of the classic cars myself, so those vehicles with a Group 5 leaning or the Sierra from 80's touring car racing both hold particular interest for me.

Other noteworthy things to take from the trailer include what appears to be the ability to bring snow conditions to the standard circuit racing tracks, with Brands Hatch used as an example in the video to show off the new weather feature. This is interesting as we very rarely see these kinds of conditions make an appearance outside of rally games. It will be interesting to see how Project CARS 2 simulates these conditions on a traditional tarmac racing surface.

Project CARS 2 is due for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC during 2017.

PCARS 2 Trailer 3.png
PCARS 2 Trailer 4.png
PCARS 2 Trailer 5.png
PCARS 2 Trailer.png

Check out the Project CARS Series forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

Are you looking forward to Project CARS 2? Will you be trying out the game on launch later this year? Let us know in the comments section below!

As I said, same thing as with Pcars 1. Development build were crap, Gold Versions were crap, final product is crap! Same think happens now again. It drives exactly the same, it look nearly the same and now it has Ice and dirt. That ist the huge different. It is a bigger update but not a new game! For PS4 and Xbox it may be good but from the driving and feeling point of view, nothing compared to AMS, RF2, AC and so on.

Most people on RD seem to hate it from what I read :D

I'm super pumped for it to be honest. I really enjoyed the first game (it's one of the best racing games on the market for console). There is so many cool features that it could be the most complete racing game in history if they get it right. Rally and RallyCross sounds exciting, and it'll be great to compare the amount of content and the physics to that of DiRT rally. Also interesting to see snowy/icy conditions around a normal track. I definitely will be buying (I hope they implement a championship mode as well with the game, so you can create your own single player championships outside of career mode. That was a big feature I was disappointed to see left out on PCars 1. I also hope they can sort out issues they had with the ovals and get them implemented at some point
Only drawback of console is not enough button to assign to actions that are increasing the immersion

As I said, same thing as with Pcars 1. Development build were crap, Gold Versions were crap, final product is crap! Same think happens now again. It drives exactly the same, it look nearly the same and now it has Ice and dirt. That ist the huge different. It is a bigger update but not a new game! For PS4 and Xbox it may be good but from the driving and feeling point of view, nothing compared to AMS, RF2, AC and so on.
if you are saying it drives the same, then I guess you either never played it, or you are maybe not suitable for more serious sims, if you can't feel the differences

it's quite big, especially for certain cars. Road cars I feel like are probably the biggest difference to pCARS1

but hey, it's not for everyone and it doesn't have to be, enjoy games that you like and let others enjoying their games
I also don't poop on AMS anymore, I let people enjoy it without my criticism everytime I see anything about it

I think SMS will not even bother about the PC simracing community this time.
Shiny graphics, lots of visual gimmicks, but underneath no correct calculations to base everything on.
I'm sure it will turn out a great and fun game, but i have 0 hopes for it offering anything for simracing.

Well, if the dev process you seem to have access to is such a pain, why not ask SMS to get a refund and play your preferred "sim" racing games? Or do you just want to hide there, spit against the wind and leak information by chance?

if you are saying it drives the same, then I guess you either never played it, or you are maybe not suitable for more serious sims, if you can't feel the differences

it's quite big, especially for certain cars. Road cars I feel like are probably the biggest difference to pCARS1

but hey, it's not for everyone and it doesn't have to be, enjoy games that you like and let others enjoying their games
I also don't poop on AMS anymore, I let people enjoy it without my criticism everytime I see anything about it

Hi Patrik, I think it makes no sense to argue with those kind of "players". I am not even sure if these are real WMD members ...
--------
The only thing I just don't get is, why there has always to be so much hate by some members of this sim racing community. We have so much different titles today, that everyone could choose something he / she preferes. And if I don't like a game or it doesn't work from the beginning, just ask for a refund and leave or dump it. And if one likes to get it better one could easily take part in one of the developers forums and most if not all of them are open minded if one asks in a polite way. But some things are done by design, can't be changed technically or at once or its just too expensive - so it doesn't make sense to ask and ask to get something complete different ...

Just my 2 cents

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Ok so as Easy aka Nau is clearly not my real name and Pcars 2 developement Forum has a real name
requirement, I am realy curious how you found that out, Sherlock :laugh:
Then I'll be so kind and repeat my little advice from above:
"Well, if the dev process you seem to have access to is such a pain, why not ask SMS to get a refund and play your preferred "sim" racing games?"

Honestly, why even bother posting? In today's sim racing community if you like a title and say it online you're a fanboy, if you have issues with a title and dare to talk about it you're a hater. In your typical online comments sections there's barely any middle ground. Why even bother?

The only thing I just don't get is, why there has always to be so much hate by some members of this sim racing community.
There are many reasons for that, but in general i guess it boils down to the hype machinery.
Also don't forget the complete turn PCars has taken during it's development and those members of WMD who have dropped lots of money on the title (as an investment) and were very eager defending the game on forums.
On top of that there are devs who maybe should have kept the talking to the PR department... (same applies for Kunos)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%