AC [EARLY] Classic F1 @ Brands Hatch - Thursday, Feb 5, 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Good race guys, really sorry to @R.J. O'Connell about the start, 100% my fault, had damage from that and didn't really have the pace to challenge anyone but still enjoyed lapping around!

ZsQ4y61.jpg

Well that was way more fun than I thought it was going to be. Despite some self inflicted excursions and getting tangled up with @Ashley Cowan.

My apologies Ashley, I saw you go deep into that corner and slow and thought I had a gap low to get a run on you on exit, not so much. Hope I didn't cause you too much grief :sick:

I'd driven these cars before and had zero success keeping them on the track and trying to be fast. So I went back to the old training aid, begin driving about 75% and increase your pace a notch at a time. I really started tuning into the cars feedback, turned out to be fun catching the car on slides and occasionally ending up on the roof :redface:

I'm a terrible tuner, don't know what to change and how it will affect the car. I got adventurous and added two clicks to the front and rear wings. What'd everyone else run?

Looking forward to more races with you guys, cheers.

That was a lot of fun and a hoot to try and catch up, keep up front and make up for a stupid mistake. I went from 8th(at start) to 4th to 2nd for 7 laps and then last as I ran out of fuel and took a 40 second pit stop!! :whistling: Guess I didn't click "load" when I changed to the race setup:D Thanks again and really enjoyed it. Look forward to next time (hint, hint)!!

I'm a terrible tuner, don't know what to change and how it will affect the car. I got adventurous and added two clicks to the front and rear wings. What'd everyone else run?

Admittedly I did not know how 1970s F1 car suspensions worked so I went with really soft springs and set myself up to bottom out a lot.

6/10 on the wings for the McLaren, 20/23 F/R tyre pressures, one click down for 4th and 5th gears to compensate for the higher wing angles, softened the bump on both ends, and added a ton more front camber.

@kcheeb don't know if this will help you or make matters worse but here are the two setups I used for the Ferrari (works for my style of slow and steady and wait for attrition to advance me;)). They are stable and as fast as I can drive. They are a derivative of an imola setup and seemed to work well to keep the car on the track. Brands was a challenge to learn and I'm still getting better at it but also a lot of fun.

Attachments

• Brands_312T_KG_Qual.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 231
  • Brands_312T_KG_Race.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 247
@Keith Griffall I was just about to post a weird thing happening to the setup of the M23 when I loaded your setups, the gearing was way off. And no the 312T in the filename didn't help me, til after :) Then I went to the sign up list and saw you were running the Ferrari. Doesn't correlate. Maybe I should have been driving the 312T? With your Qualy setup I ran a 1:26.781 :thumbsup:

@R.J. O'Connell tried your setup and ran a 1:27.955. Pretty much a second faster than anything I did in the race. I'm much more familiar with the car and track now and I was on an optimum track, but even still, I could see a low 1:27 with this setup for me. There were places I was 3/10ths up but didn't put it all together. The car felt more planted and responsive, which translates to more confidence.

You guys hiring out for setups :D

@kcheeb glad it worked better for you. I'm always happy to share any setup I have although they don't always work for others. I've never driven the McLaren so I don't know how it handles but setups don't usually translate very well to other cars, even when they are of the same class. Getting a good setup takes quite a bit of time so that is why I would like to see races repeat with the same car and track if they are fun. That way you can test, learn, and have more fun the next time. I'm not like the aliens who seem to be able to go fast in any car at any track!!:confused:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 483 39.0%