F1 2011 Each Manufacture's differences

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
From reading the posts early in the 2011 game release and experimenting it seems that the differning wheelbases make mainly ARBs and springs the key setup differences.
The HP and grip are equal.
So you can get equal performances by adapting these items.
Teams in our league do their own testing and adapt their own setups. No one has analysed the differences yet and teams are not sharing data as the season is still live.
Your question is a very good one but takes an already big area of knowledge and multiplies it by 12 differing chassis so its not easy to answer.
Some personal observations are: (in equal performance online cars)
The Sauber, Williams, HRT all respond quite similarly to setup.
Those setups don't work well with Lotus or Toro Rosso.
The Ferrari has very nice turn in and allows early throttle, that however is lost somewhere else as it is not evident in lap times.
Its not a clear answer to your question but you have asked the setup equivalent of the meaning of life.

Hi, i was going to ask a very similar question when i saw this post.

I was wondering why i cannot get along with the Ferrari, even in sprint mode (equal performance) I seem to lose the back end so much more frequently in the Ferrari than in any other car.

So i was pondering on how the performance equality is actually derived regarding the differing wheelbases?
If this was not included in the consolidation of performance characteristics, there would surely be a huge change felt when switching from Mclaren to Red Bull for example, but i don't seem to experience anything of the sort, which would suggest wheel base length is identical, but would then not explain the rather eager rear end phenomenon i get when driving the Ferrari.

Maybe i've just had a few bad races with the Ferrari and now have a 'thing' about it, and it's all in my head :)

Or i have issues with seeing red???

Oh hang on.....

Hmm.

Hi, i was going to ask a very similar question when i saw this post.

I was wondering why i cannot get along with the Ferrari, even in sprint mode (equal performance) I seem to lose the back end so much more frequently in the Ferrari than in any other car.

So i was pondering on how the performance equality is actually derived regarding the differing wheelbases?
If this was not included in the consolidation of performance characteristics, there would surely be a huge change felt when switching from Mclaren to Red Bull for example, but i don't seem to experience anything of the sort, which would suggest wheel base length is identical, but would then not explain the rather eager rear end phenomenon i get when driving the Ferrari.

Maybe i've just had a few bad races with the Ferrari and now have a 'thing' about it, and it's all in my head :)

Or i have issues with seeing red???

Oh hang on.....

Hmm.
try to lower your front anti roll bar and rear spring stiffness if you got oversteer . i had the ferrari too once so iknow how it behave

i was going to create a new topic about that..
would you share impressions for the different cars?

my few ones: renault and sauber
renault has a poor brake power, but on the long straights, it goes well
sauber (compared to renault) it's a lightning bolt, apart from monza (so a track with long straight, as i said) goes 1 second faster than renault (at least with the standard setups)
it's really more driveable.

personally i found force india slow, and toro rosso one of the worst cars. (understeer problems with it)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 140 13.8%