C'mon Brits, let's work out what locations we can see in the trailer.

Edinburgh
Having spent the last 4 years in Edinburgh, I am very excited for this game. It would appear to be the main city in the game, with the centre of the city - Princes Street and the Royal Mile - seemingly modelled incredibly well. Edinburgh Castle is visible from the lighthouse area and should be a large part of the game.

Ambleside
I could see it as a location on one of the road signs early on. It's a town on the bank of Lake Windermere in the Lake District. This will give us a load of really nice mountains to play with, and a lake, probably for that Hovercraft to play on.

Glenfinnan Viaduct
If you don't know about this viaduct by name, you probably recognise it from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Part of the West Highland Line, which has twice been voted the "most scenic railway line in the world". This would also suggest that the Scottish Highlands will also be in the game, giving us two large mountainous regions.

Castle Combe (Not 100% sure)

The square building in the middle of the green in the picture with the E-Type looks very similar to the one in the village of Castle Combe. It is a great example of a picturesque Cotswold village in England, called "the prettiest village in England" by the Visit Wiltshire page. Would this also give us the Castle Combe circuit?

Those are really the only three places I could definitely recognise. There was a big red lighthouse visible in the trailer that I couldn't pin. Maybe the rally section was in Wales too. Does anyone else know anywhere else from the trailer?

"C'mon Brits, let's work out what locations we can see in the trailer." I was about to point out the error in the description- "Set to be based in England for the first time"

That's going to upset the Scots and the Welsh!

In the background of the lighthouse shot it looks a lot like Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland- I suspect the lighthouse itself is just "generic UK" rather than being based on a real location but a quick google shows it mostly resembles Tarbat Ness in Scotland (but the surrounding buildings are different).

Last edited:
In the background of the lighthouse shot it looks a lot like Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland
It's probably Edinburgh Castle though, just viewed from the South. They'll have only modelled the north of it for Edinburgh in game

Also, could the wind farm at 1:20 be the Sweet Lamb stage from Wales Rally GB?

Last edited:
Forza 3(just like forza 7) is a very good game, at least it was until I bought a Wheel....it`s not playable whit a wheel for me.

I use TrustM T500 , I prefer to use keybord in those games but still Forza is the best racing game(not simcade or simulation, just a game) on market and none of us can do anything abut it :p

Add just maybe simcade driving like Project Cars and I`l love it.

PS. to much AC or rfactor and I just dont konw how to drive cars in forza anymore, it`s kind of funny.

Looking very nice as expected. They are pushing for sales of the updated Xbox One X after all. I just hope they optimise it properly for PC and try and make it drivable with a wheel and pedals.
Excuses of being a console port don't stack up when you're touting it for PC use too...

it does look brilliant and its nice they chose britain to base it in although it does look predominantly like its based in Scotland which is fine because ive heard its got some beautiful country side and roads. Only thing ive noticed from the trailer though and im not gonna moan too much as ive always taken Horizon for what it is (a fun spin off from FM that doesnt need to be too realistic) is that some of the roads are far too wide.

Other than that it looks gorgeous has some interesting new tech with the dynamic seasons and is on my definite to buy list. Lets just hope the car packs are up to scratch unlike the ones Turn10 have provided for FM7

I am waiting to see what other cars they bring in before I make up my mind to buy it but firstly I need the Xbox One X for it, I would love to Pre-order it but for me its just getting the game I mean is it gonna be worth the full £60 or not....I need time to get more data in to chew it over

I am waiting to see what other cars they bring in before I make up my mind to buy it but firstly I need the Xbox One X for it, I would love to Pre-order it but for me its just getting the game I mean is it gonna be worth the full £60 or not....I need time to get more data in to chew it over
Depends. I wouldn't buy that console unless I had a 4k screen which I'm guessing you already have. But certainly not just for that title. Halo Infinite looks like it could be good if they return to the original formula. But there isn't too much in the way of first party content on this console.
Depends what else you'll be using it for.

I'm hoping it's decent enough and optimised for a PC with a 1070. Don't have 4k although I really would like it...

I would get it, certainly the UK setting is VERY appealing plus the car variety, but I still refuse to get W10 for my PC. Always been a pain in the butt for me to operate on other PC's, and I would rather still use W7 until I'm literally forced to change. Always been kinda reclutant to new versions of Windows, in fact I used XP until 2012.

Depends. I wouldn't buy that console unless I had a 4k screen which I'm guessing you already have. But certainly not just for that title. Halo Infinite looks like it could be good if they return to the original formula. But there isn't too much in the way of first party content on this console.
Depends what else you'll be using it for.

I'm hoping it's decent enough and optimised for a PC with a 1070. Don't have 4k although I really would like it...

Yeah I do have a 4K screen and a powerful speaker setup but I am in the process of fine tuning that currently as for my computer I run dual 27in 1080p panels in a "3840x1080" display setup but I dont run surround screen they are split into two monitors so I only have a 1920x1080 area and I have a EVGA GTX980Ti card for my computer

Nice! Looks like you almost have the best of both worlds.
I really want a triple screen set up for the racing Sims but torn as would really like to play Halo in 4k as well as this.
Wife may agree to one or the other but not both... And definitely no Xbox One X on the cards at all...

Nice! Looks like you almost have the best of both worlds.
I really want a triple screen set up for the racing Sims but torn as would really like to play Halo in 4k as well as this.
Wife may agree to one or the other but not both... And definitely no Xbox One X on the cards at all...

Yeah but I have actually got 2 4K TVs (LG and Samsung) in my house but the one downstairs has a slight issue with the cabinet its in because it cuts off the side of the screen and it hurts your neck slightly as you look up at it, the one upstairs doesnt have that issue the only issue I have are my upstairs neighbours because of the speaker setup the own downstairs has a big air gap all around so I can push the volume up nice and high but the one upstairs I have to be careful on it because of that

• Deleted member 197115

i wouldnt count on forzas physics and ffb to be up to snuff for use with real wheels. i played fm6 with the cswv2 and after being spoiled by assetto for a few years, it was pretty much undrivable. beamNG ffb is better, no joke.
Try FM7 with EmuWheel.:thumbsup:
If that FFB made it into FH4 as planned, brace yourself for a big surprise.

• Deleted member 197115

Yes and yes. All UWP games are like that. (Play Anywhere)
But that only works for digital copies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 404 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 275 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 267 10.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.7%
  • < 5 years