F1 2018 E3 2018: Formula One 2018 Game Footage Revealed

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Footage 1.jpg F1 2018 Footage 2.jpg F1 2018 Footage 3.jpg F1 2018 Footage 4.jpg F1 2018 Footage 5.jpg F1 2018 Footage 6.jpg
Check out the latest in game footage of Codemasters upcoming new Formula One title from the 2018 E3 event in LA..

The fun for another year is over at E3 and plenty of exciting snippets of news have been revealed. We've seen first gameplay from the new Assetto Corsa Competizione, Forza Horizon 4 has been announced to the public, Microsoft have confirmed their purchase of Playground Games and now, finally, we get to see some early in game footage from the highly anticipated new Formula One game from British developers Codemasters...

Now before you say it.. yes that is a Ferrari without the central pillar on the Halo, and no it isn't a bug - it's actually quite a smart little feature designed to help those who wish for a better view when racing on a game monitor, a difficult proposition in the virtual world without the benefit of 3D views (guess that means no VR in F1 2018 then...).

All in all, the game is looking like a very nice improvement over previous versions of the title, at least in the graphics department, and with an expanded career mode, more classic content and of course the faster, wider and more aggressive 2018 specification cars, F1 2018 looks like it could well be the most impressive offering from the British development team to date...

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Like the look of F1 2018 so far? Excited for the new title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looks like they have made only incremental steps from 2017 and the off track interviews addition to career mode holds little value to me.

I enjoyed the 2017 game however so I will wait and see whether I pick it up. As a game that has to appeal to all types of player, from casual to the sim racer, I actually think Codemasters have done a good job. It will never be a hardcore sim title but I find some of the comments calling the title simcade a little strange, what else could we expect? The game is designed to be bought by the masses and it meets that goal.

It does put some of the so called sims to shame in certain areas though -- dynamic time of day and changable weather (missing from many of the current sims) animated pit crews, flag marshals and safety car, a fully fledged offline career mode, a full roster of official cars, drivers and tracks, pit to car radio with many different pieces of information available, AI that actually give you a good race!

Also... only option to remove central pillar for halo doesn't satisfy me.
Why can't we remove it totally ?
I really enjoy the view of the sky while I negotiate that painfully slow corner known as a Eau Rouge. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
there is no way that I can now go back to racing using my 40 inch 4k monitor after using my Rift , I am sure there wont be VR support for this game and because of that it will be the first F1 game that I don't buy since the mid 90's going back to the playstation !

Open wheel cars - especially modern F1 cars - are one of the best VR experiences around. To openly root against its implementation - in a sim racing forum - is :cry:.

Someone dosen't have VR.
It is rather bizarre to celibrate the omission of somthing that wouldnt affect him, it's kind of like me wishing that people won't enjoy it... But i do hope people enjoy it because i was swung around by a sumo wrestler when i was a baby. ;)

Open wheel cars - especially modern F1 cars - are one of the best VR experiences around. To openly root against its implementation - in a sim racing forum - is :cry:.

Someone dosen't have VR.

Yeah, I have to agree - VR in a modern open wheeler is pretty epic. Your ability to see to guide the tires right where you want them is awesome. Open wheelers in non-VR can be artificially over-challenging, IMO.

Also... only option to remove central pillar for halo doesn't satisfy me.
Why can't we remove it totally ?
I really enjoy the view of the sky while I negotiate that painfully slow corner know as a Eau Rouge. :rolleyes:
I don't think the FOM will allow that. I'm more than happy that we can at least remove the central pillar

That halo annoys the jesus out of me, that'll probably be either altered or removed for a better alternative in the next couple years in F1, or they'll adapt the tempered glass idea that IndyCar is playing with. And it's a bit mind boggling how Codemasters isn't doing VR in any of their games since Dirt Rally.

This is a no buy for me, I barely played F1 2017 nor 2016.

Yeah, I have to agree - VR in a modern open wheeler is pretty epic. Your ability to see to guide the tires right where you want them is awesome. Open wheelers in non-VR can be artificially over-challenging, IMO.

The halo made this specially true, in AMS i was having trouble spotting brake marker boards with the Halo equipped car.
VR already had a big advantage in terms of seeing the apex.

I'm not on the bandwagon yet but i want too, i just need it to get a little cheaper here in Brazil.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back