F1 2018 E3 2018: Formula One 2018 Game Footage Revealed

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Footage 1.jpg F1 2018 Footage 2.jpg F1 2018 Footage 3.jpg F1 2018 Footage 4.jpg F1 2018 Footage 5.jpg F1 2018 Footage 6.jpg
Check out the latest in game footage of Codemasters upcoming new Formula One title from the 2018 E3 event in LA..

The fun for another year is over at E3 and plenty of exciting snippets of news have been revealed. We've seen first gameplay from the new Assetto Corsa Competizione, Forza Horizon 4 has been announced to the public, Microsoft have confirmed their purchase of Playground Games and now, finally, we get to see some early in game footage from the highly anticipated new Formula One game from British developers Codemasters...

Now before you say it.. yes that is a Ferrari without the central pillar on the Halo, and no it isn't a bug - it's actually quite a smart little feature designed to help those who wish for a better view when racing on a game monitor, a difficult proposition in the virtual world without the benefit of 3D views (guess that means no VR in F1 2018 then...).

All in all, the game is looking like a very nice improvement over previous versions of the title, at least in the graphics department, and with an expanded career mode, more classic content and of course the faster, wider and more aggressive 2018 specification cars, F1 2018 looks like it could well be the most impressive offering from the British development team to date...

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Like the look of F1 2018 so far? Excited for the new title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Same old same old..It's an Arcade game if you are unsure. That means poor physics lousy wheel support. Stick to a gamepad and you might win......Will I buy it....Umm no. after 2012, 2015 (that one was really really bad) 2016 and 2017. I'am done with this game on PC. Took a few years and the lobotomy helped. Still for an arcade F1 game its good.

Took them 4 years to implement one of the most important feature in todays F1 era, while Spa still has the same layout accuracy of a rF1 track. Slowly but surely turning into the FIFA of racing titles. Not a bad game by alll means, just not enough for the majority of sim racers I guess.

• Deleted member 113561

Same old same old..It's an Arcade game if you are unsure. That means poor physics lousy wheel support. Stick to a gamepad and you might win......Will I buy it....Umm no. after 2012, 2015 (that one was really really bad) 2016 and 2017. I'am done with this game on PC. Took a few years and the lobotomy helped. Still for an arcade F1 game its good.
Its simcade ... in certain aspects it is even more simulation than other sims ...

Still if you are looking for realistic physics, you are in the wrong place!

Unless something drastic has changed, physics will be passable but not up to the standards of [insert your favorite current gen sim here].

The strength will be in the full F1 field (plus tracks), the game-within-a-game career mode, and the faithfully replicated F1 rules and regs.

Make your choice accordingly - personally, I'll only pick them up at a deep discount.

Well.... not so overwhelmed.
This
f1-2018-footage-3-jpg.256066

is so different to this
awful_halo.png

that I can't decide where to start. :unsure:

- Angles (ok, maybe I could solve that by myself, guess they'll have option to move cameras this year again);
- "fish eye" style of cam (that I can't solve, and probably no one. never saw some solution through all these Codemasters F1 years. shame);
- Car color (!?! wth is ...THAT ? not Red Bull F1 2018 car - for sure. so sad. isn't that just a pure plain purple or am I having a temporary color blind condition:alien:).

Also... tbh I expected bigger jump graphic wise.
This is more-less 2017 game with new liveries. And halo, yes. =P

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back