E3 2018 - Assetto Corsa Competizione First Gameplay

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC First Gameplay 3.jpg ACC First Gameplay 4.jpg ACC First Gameplay 5.jpg ACC First Gameplay 6.jpg ACC First Gameplay 2.jpg ACC First Gameplay.jpg
With E3 now in full swing over in LA, the team behind Assetto Corsa Competizione have revealed first gameplay from this exciting upcoming sim racing title...

We've had a couple of videos already from the title in action as driven by guests at the E3 event in LA, but today Kunos Simulazioni have released what we've all been waiting for, in game capture footage of ACC direct from the work in progress version of the title... driven by someone who knows what they are doing too!

Using Unreal 4 as the core game engine, it is immediately noticeable even at this early stage of development how much of an improvement the graphics are in the upcoming game over the current Assetto Corsa title, a simulation which frankly still does a very solid job of holding its own in the graphics department despite its relative grand old age in the sim racing arena.

Now that Steam Early Access deployment is getting closer (remember we are expecting a "summer" release at the moment), Kunos have taken to the E3 2018 event with a playable version of Assetto Corsa Competizione, running the software on the Thrustmaster stand for visitors to have a go around the Monza circuit as the title makes its public debut over in Los Angeles..

On a side note, if you want to kill some time until more info on ACC is released, why not check out the ACC Wish List thread and leave a comment, or watch our exclusive interview with Stefano and Marco on their hopes and plans for the new title HERE and HERE

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Exciting times for sim racing fans, tell us what your impressions are below!

Last edited:
No realtime weather/real conditions
There will be no possibility to use the real weather.
Aristotelis explains:"We tried but there were big problems. Imagine sitting in your seat in January and doing a race in Monza (where in reality there may be -10 ° C). Not even Pirelli would know what is going on with those temperatures and, of course, we don't want to go into situations that are not friendly to the end user.
Maybe there will be another feature but, for now, I can't anticipate anything".
Hm, sad to see that they don't appear to be considering the option to use past weather data to get synced real conditions. Taking @Aristotelis example, if I'm presently in January and want to race at Monza it would be a great option to set the race conditions to what they were at the last actual race at Monza. Best compromise...

@Epistolarius
Well, it's not a dealbreaker. What if in real life at Monza snows in January? Not only Kunos can't know the tire behavior with such cold temps, but ACC wouldn't have snow simulated. So it would be a compromise that many people would complain about. And unlike AC, ACC simulates a motorsport Series that starts during Spring and is off during Winter.

In AC2 for sure the Real Weather Conditions could be implemented and perhaps, for that time, we're going to see snow and season changes as well.

@Epistolarius
Well, it's not a dealbreaker. What if in real life at Monza snows in January? Not only Kunos can't know the tire behavior with such cold temps, but ACC wouldn't have snow simulated. So it would be a compromise that many people would complain about. And unlike AC, ACC simulates a motorsport Series that starts during Spring and is off during Winter.

In AC2 for sure the Real Weather Conditions could be implemented and perhaps, for that time, we're going to see snow and season changes as well.
No offence but it doesn't seem like you read and comprehended what I wrote. Let me elaborate on the example I mentioned.

The Blancpain GT 2018 race weekend at Monza was 20-22 April. If in January 2019 I open up ACC in Early Access and want to race at Monza it would be nice to have an option to use the weather data from the last Blancpain race at Monza, or randomly from a selection of past weather data around the time of year of the race from the location of the circuit. That way you do can have in-game weather conditions based on real weather data without getting unrealistic conditions for races when you play the game at date different to the race weekend.

@Epistolarius
Ok, I got it now. Yeah, this could be nice to simulate the real race weekend weather in Career Mode.
Theoretically you could have a quite accurate simulation of the weather occurred during the real race weekend, without too much trouble of development, using a script that convert every single real hour of weather into the same exact hour in game.

For sure it could be nice to ask @kunos if this one can be a feature that could be added in-game, because by the time ACC is still in EA, the Blancpain GT season will be over (Barcelona 28-30 Sept. 2018).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%