E-types, why are the so slow?

Hey all

I love GTL, and I love the 60s GT cars, but I've always found that compared to, for example, the Cobra, the E-Type is not very competitive.

Why is that?

When you watch events such as the Goodwood Revival the E-Type seems quite competitive against the Cobra, and as GTL is based on series, albeit from 2006, that you see at events like Goodwood (and also the Silverstone Classic), it seems odd that the E-Types in the game aren't up to scratch.

So, I'm wondering if there's a physics mod out there that I've overlooked all these years that makes them more competitive?

I agree, but I guess some cars don't transfer over to the 'sim' world and lose their unique edge. I find a similar problem with Lotus, where their lightweight, powerful brakes and agility is somehow lost in 'sim' world.
Another thing I've noticed is how the game flatters the handling/roadholding of 60/70s muscle cars?

I'm just guessing here but at the present day Goodwood vintage races I'll bet the E-types that are so fast now are using mods and technology that was either against the rules back in the day or just not available then. I'm old enough to have watched dozens of top class production sports car races in the 60's and 70's and at least in the U.S. I don't recall any E-types that could keep the 289 Cobras or the best Corvettes in sight, let alone beat them on virtually any circuit.

I'm just guessing here but at the present day Goodwood vintage races I'll bet the E-types that are so fast now are using mods and technology that was either against the rules back in the day or just not available then. I'm old enough to have watched dozens of top class production sports car races in the 60's and 70's and at least in the U.S. I don't recall any E-types that could keep the 289 Cobras or the best Corvettes in sight, let alone beat them on virtually any circuit.
That's true, but once they were no longer a current model the factory lost interest in providing support or expertise. The Cobra on the other hand is just a big V8 in a bath tub and there has always and will always be expertise to make those engines run fast. I'm not a huge fan of E Types per se, and it's common knowledge that the factory demonstrators could perform way better (150mph) than customers cars; there's a reason for that!

Not all E-Types are the same. The early ones raced were not far off road car spec but the later ones had lightweight aluminium bodies and fuel injected engines. The Revival attracts the best and there are some very rapid E-Types on the grid. But even at the Revival there are slower ones and the ones in GTL are slower ones I'm afraid.

Hey all

I love GTL, and I love the 60s GT cars, but I've always found that compared to, for example, the Cobra, the E-Type is not very competitive.

Why is that?

When you watch events such as the Goodwood Revival the E-Type seems quite competitive against the Cobra, and as GTL is based on series, albeit from 2006, that you see at events like Goodwood (and also the Silverstone Classic), it seems odd that the E-Types in the game aren't up to scratch.

So, I'm wondering if there's a physics mod out there that I've overlooked all these years that makes them more competitive?

Hello.

At the beginning I apologize for my English, but this is not my native language.

I do not know if this will help, but I noticed a small bug in the jagc hdc files.
The coupe tires should be in the light version and the light version in the coupe.
After this change, I noticed an improvement, a small one, but always.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%