e-mail notification failure?

Hi fellow Rd members!

Just realized I DO NOT get e-mail notification for new forum activity. ie. when someone replies to a thread I am subscribed to I don't get notified. Or a PM lands in my inbox and again no e-mail.

I have checked my options and have e-mail notification selected so can anyone shed light here?

Hi Bram,

Actually I have never gotten notifications since day 1. It appears that all is correct in the CP setting to get this right but no joy my friend. no changes just reconfirmed the settings at this point.

under the "edit options" / drfault thread subscriptions / instant e-mail notification is selected.

also have it set up for new PM's and friend requests yet nothing comes through.

But do you actually press "Thread Tools" and subscribe for all the threads you want to be notified ?

Some forums have that enabled automatically, we havent.

BRam when I open a thread and select thread tools it asks me if I would like to UNSUBSCRIBE which means I am locked inand should be getting e-mail then right?

I currently have 47 subscriptions although I realze many are dead threads at this point. I basically am auto subscribed to any thread I view I believe.

Which of hte following settings have you enabled. And can some confirm this error or report if it works for you? We aren't getting stuff solved now.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 241
Which of hte following settings have you enabled. And can some confirm this error or report if it works for you? We aren't getting stuff solved now.

Currently have "instant e-mail notifcation" selected Bram.

BRam please don't fall on your sword for this. I realize how busy you admins are and it's not exactly ruining my experience on the RD forums just yet.:love-over::rotfl:

I have been diligent to be sure the proper setting s are enabled and think its all good so far. Just not sure why it doesn't actually work for me.

the forum is not spam blocked adn double checked the spam folder and there is nothing from RD in there at all.

OK guys here's my final discovery on this subject.

in my user Cp list of subscriptions I noticed the column of "notification" check boxes for "Instant". I had not selected this option until now.

maybe this is the missing link to getting notified! sheeeesh what a boob I am.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.7%