F1 2019 DX12 crashing?

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)
Is any one else having issues with DX12 crashing? Works fine in DX11 with a few game stutters (not as bad as 2018 had) it happens at random times in the menus.

Have any body found a fix?

Finished the Australian GP last night and game crashed loading in to the end cut scenes. Not sure I feel like doing a full GP distance again when I already finished it once. I hope Codies can find and fix the causes of the game crashes as mine has crashed frequently so far and with no particular rhythm or rhyme to it.

Finished the Australian GP last night and game crashed loading in to the end cut scenes. Not sure I feel like doing a full GP distance again when I already finished it once. I hope Codies can find and fix the causes of the game crashes as mine has crashed frequently so far and with no particular rhythm or rhyme to it.
Had the exact same thing with a 25% race just now :(

Turned off steam overlay but game fails to start in DX12.. any other ideas what could be causing this issue?

The Steam overlay issue appears to be a something with the Nvidia driver, what GFX card are you running and what driver. It may be something else that is causing the problem.

There is a patch out today that may solve it?

F1® 2019 PATCH NOTES – v1.04
Patch 1.04 is out now on Steam, with this coming to PS4 and Xbox later, subject to first party approval. You can find the patch notes below:

v1.04

• Fixed a crash seen with an Nvidia 970 graphics card running the DX12 executable.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause frame rate to be lower than expected during game play after viewing multiple eras in the Showroom
  • Numerous other stability fixes

The Steam overlay issue appears to be a something with the Nvidia driver, what GFX card are you running and what driver. It may be something else that is causing the problem.

There is a patch out today that may solve it?

F1® 2019 PATCH NOTES – v1.04
Patch 1.04 is out now on Steam, with this coming to PS4 and Xbox later, subject to first party approval. You can find the patch notes below:

v1.04

• Fixed a crash seen with an Nvidia 970 graphics card running the DX12 executable.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause frame rate to be lower than expected during game play after viewing multiple eras in the Showroom
  • Numerous other stability fixes

The 1.04 patch didn't fix the problem but I was able to solve it in the end. I rolled back to the previous version of nVidia driver (430.64) and that did the trick! I'm running a EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3.

It is July 18, 2019 a couple of days after Patch 1.05. The game crashed after 48 minutes of practice and qualifying on an on-line league...while transitioning to the start. By the time I could restart the game, I could not get back into my league race for this week(Tuesday). Yesterday, 64 minutes into Friday Practice 1 on my first career race of the season, after achieving purple in 5 of the development programs, the game crashes and I lose all of my progress. I have had the digital version of Codemasters F1 games since 2013(except '15, I knew it would be a waste of time after '14). This is the only version that has ever crashed. Ever! It crashes at least everyday. Right now I have steam overlay turned off and can verify that the crashes are happening during streaming(twitch,Fb,YT) using GeForce Experience. A remedy would be much appreciated. Thanks.

It is July 18, 2019 a couple of days after Patch 1.05. The game crashed after 48 minutes of practice and qualifying on an on-line league...while transitioning to the start. By the time I could restart the game, I could not get back into my league race for this week(Tuesday). Yesterday, 64 minutes into Friday Practice 1 on my first career race of the season, after achieving purple in 5 of the development programs, the game crashes and I lose all of my progress. I have had the digital version of Codemasters F1 games since 2013(except '15, I knew it would be a waste of time after '14). This is the only version that has ever crashed. Ever! It crashes at least everyday. Right now I have steam overlay turned off and can verify that the crashes are happening during streaming(twitch,Fb,YT) using GeForce Experience. A remedy would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Update your drivers and don't alt-tab when the game is loading. I've gotten zero crashes since the patch.

Did you set the motion blur to false in the hardwareconfig.xml by any chance? I changed that, did the first 2 career mode races and got to China, did practice and quali and then it kept crashing on the cutscene before the race. The only thing that fixed it, was setting motion blur in the config to true.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%