Released Duryea Hillclimb V1.0

Duryea Hillclimb - The Blue Mountain Region SCCA hosts the longest hill in the PHA series. Named for the obscure automobile maker and following the same route that Charles Duryea used to test his cars, this is a 2.3 mile hill located in a beautiful city park in downtown Reading, PA. With a history dating back to 1951
For more information on Duryea Hill Climb please go here http://www.pahillclimb.org/Courses/Reading.htm

There are some known issues like, guard rail texture, terrain shading and I need to put a speed bump or something at the start to prevent rolling starts.

But what ever you do, don't hit the guard rails! :D

Download: http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads/rfactor-tracks/7/duryeahillclimb-v1-0-rar-1862/

Thanks for the praise!

Very nice project, it would be nice to see this hillclimb in Richard Burns Rally as well :lashes:.
I don't know what needs to be done for RBR, I don't have RBR, can I just export it or do other things need to be done?\

[ED] A friend of mine has a temp server up quite often with the track running on it, we usually use the SO76 or Osella mod. Anyone is welcome to join.

Alexkyriak, I used the default static shadow effect at medium using the texture as reference. I made the trees very wide, which was needed to make the 'tree tunnel' and from doing that it made the shadows very dominant.
Not every tree has a shadow, I used the nearto tool and put the trees that cast shadow close to the track and not deep I think it was like 5m from centre and 7m deep.
One more thing I did to create the effect was to make the top of the tree texture bright and the bottom dark, not to much variation, just a subtle amount. The contrast of light and dark gives it a darker feel on the road.

Thanks Emery!

I live in this city and I would like to run this section but why don't you do it for asseto corsa
Uh, mianiak made this in 2009, before AC existed, and hasn't logged into racedepartment since 2017. You can still buy original rFactor from Steam and run it in rFactor.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 199 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years