Duplicate track names in menu. Fix?

Hey. In my track selection screen under Extras, I have Macau listed 3 times. Two of them have no track map and the 3rd shows Brands Hatch. If i remove the files for the Macau tracks i just get a triple selection again only for Okayama this time. Clearly ive messed up a file somewhere but a verify files did nothing.

Can anyone help guide me to the offending file?
Screenshot below

Attachments

• 20210902094114_1.jpg
    20210902094114_1.jpg
    845.6 KB · Views: 75
There are probably some extra .trk files in your race 07 folders. These are leftovers from track and car files edits, and are sometimes included in mods by mistake.
Try search for "_output.trk" and delete these, and see if that helps.

Hey Andreas (Utterly impressed with your ST mod BTW. Love it)

I found 4 _output.trk file which i deleted. That got rid on one of the duplicate errors leaving only 2. 1 of which says Macau but shows the map of Brands Hatch long. The other Macau 10 November 21st im guessing is in the wrong catagory but i checked all the GBD files i could and they are all correct. I searched for all .trk files and looked for any duplicates there but to no avail?

(On a side note, do you know of a version of Brands Hatch with the old Dingle Dell chicane from the late 90's anywhere?)

Last edited:
Generally all .trk files that can't be associated with a track .gdb file is shown as a track in extra(?) category by the game, usually showing Brands Hatch, so it can also be copies and leftover .trk files in car folders. As I always have some mod projects running I always have some temporary extra tracks :roflmao:
I don't know of any extra versions of Brands Hatch, probably because everyone use the Simbin version included in the game.

Nice to hear that you enjoy the super touring cars :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years