Dummies guide

To download rf2 plug in etc please. I know everybody just says yeah just drop it into your rf2 root folder blah de blah well guess what??? It doesn't work!! for instance, maptrack plug in, I've spent an hour trying to sort that. Have you seen how many different files are in the download?? I appreciate the downloads and thank you all for doing them but please make it simpler for Windows 8 people because when I try and drop anything into the rf2 root folder, IT DOES NOT WORK!!!! and yes I'm shouting because I'm frustrated!!! tracks and cars are piss easy but all the other stuff is hard. Cheers, Happy New year :)

First of all if you have any files from a previous trackmap installation delete them.

Download the latest version from racedepartment. It is 0.96.

Then inside the rar file there are 3 folders.
lArWkcR.jpg

Extract them to the main rfactor2 folder. Overwrite if necessary.
L8FAnpe.jpg

It should work when you start the game.

First of all if you have any files from a previous trackmap installation delete them.

Download the latest version from racedepartment. It is 0.96.

Then inside the rar file there are 3 folders.
lArWkcR.jpg

Extract them to the main rfactor2 folder. Overwrite if necessary.
L8FAnpe.jpg

It should work when you start the game.
IT should but it definitely doesn't and I haven't had any trackmap installed before but I've tried to the main folder, I've tried them to bin 32, I've tried installing them all seperately, I've tried well ....everything nothing works. Is it that whoever uploads these instructions, it is meant for windows 7? a folder a folder right?

Does it give any error or just doesn't show up in the screen?

If you use the 64bit version of rfactor2 you need to have in the rfactor2/Bin64 a d3d9.dll file.
In rfactor2/Bin64/Plugins a TrackMapPlugin_64.dll file.
In rfactor2/Plugins a Trackmap folder.

If everything is in the right place and still doesn't work go to the rFactor2\Plugins\TrackMap\Redistributable and Install vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe

If it still doesn't work try and run the game with administrator privileges.

Does it give any error or just doesn't show up in the screen?

If you use the 64bit version of rfactor2 you need to have in the rfactor2/Bin64 a d3d9.dll file.
In rfactor2/Bin64/Plugins a TrackMapPlugin_64.dll file.
In rfactor2/Plugins a Trackmap folder.

If everything is in the right place and still doesn't work go to the rFactor2\Plugins\TrackMap\Redistributable and Install vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe

If it still doesn't work try and run the game with administrator privileges.
Ok Joao, thanks I'll try tonight and see how it goes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.5%