Dubai Autodrome Confirmed for RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E - Dubai Autodrome Confirmed 2.jpg

Surprising few of our sim racing community, the Dubai Autodrome has been confirmed as the next track heading to RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Edit 02.10.2019: Track available now from the RaceRoom Store!

Having been lightly teased over the last few days, Sector3 Studios have finally confirmed the next circuit that is coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience will be the Dubai Autodrome - the UAE's first fully-integrated motorsport facility.

Running at 5.4km in length, the Dubai Autodrome is perhaps best known for several key motorsport events throughout its short history as a racing venue - most notable of which is probably various flirtations with top level endurance racing and touring car series throughout the years.

Keeping in tune with Sector3's trend of releasing less well known venues, the circuit should certainly offer up some opportunities for players to experience something a little bit different once it releases in the near future.

R3E - Dubai Autodrome Confirmed 3.jpg
R3E - Dubai Autodrome Confirmed.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation, available now.

The RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for news and discussion about this excellent racing title. In the forum you can chat with fellow fans and take part in our excellent RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club - a great way to race in a clean, fair and fun online environment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
:thumbsup:
Thanks.
I just succeded getting the V10 down reasonable near my V8 PB.
Its pretty satisfying feeling that my growing controll skills:p is transfereable to another car.
Hehe eventhough I have a suspicion that the only difference between the 3x FR90 is the gearing and the sound:sneaky:
Yes I believe you are correct. They are evenly matched it feels.

Pretty sure they're identical apart from the gearing and slight differences in the way they deliver their power. The V12 seems to suit me the most, closely followed by the V10. I don't seem to get on well with the V8, for whatever reason.

Pretty sure they're identical apart from the gearing and slight differences in the way they deliver their power. The V12 seems to suit me the most, closely followed by the V10. I don't seem to get on well with the V8, for whatever reason.
It must be just preference, because I’m normally quicker in the V8 followed by V12. Would be nice to hear from Sector3 on these cars.

Pretty sure they're identical apart from the gearing and slight differences in the way they deliver their power.
Yes you could be right about some slightly different engine power bands too.
I mean that would be the correct approach by Sector3.
Hehe but if I were a sim dev wanting to lower the cost in places where nobody would never discover it then it would be exactly in this place.
Because when both the final gearing and the single gears are slightly different then its impossible to make a 100% compare of the 3x cars.
So...:)

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: My own favorite is the V10 eventhough Im sometimes slightly faster in the V12.
But my explanation is that its mostly some kind of placebo - mainly because my subconciousness like the sound of the V10 better.:whistling:

Ok ok Alex.
Then we posters are not that far off.;)
And from a pure technical standpoint its great to hear that S3 have tweaked the torque curves (slightly:geek:).
But Im still impressed of how close the laptimes are for all 3 on different tracks.
On my own lil personal LB challenge on a lot of different tracks with all 3 cars they are allways inside about 0.2-0.3sec.
Pretty amazing:)

You guys are right, the FR-90 cars are the same except for the engines.
Comparing dyno charts, the V12 has it's power up high, whereas the V8 has a fatter torque curve, and the V10 sits somewhere in the middle. Give me a nudge later this week and I'd be happy to share the graphs.
Ahhhhh. This would explain why Im faster in the v8. I like to roll on the throttle mid turn, and the v8 pulls out harder for me. I make up s ton of time on straights just because of the drive it giv s me. Thank you so much for the feedback Alex!

You guys are right, the FR-90 cars are the same except for the engines.
Comparing dyno charts, the V12 has it's power up high, whereas the V8 has a fatter torque curve, and the V10 sits somewhere in the middle. Give me a nudge later this week and I'd be happy to share the graphs.

Alex, did you share the graph somewhere else or just forgot it?

Dubai is great. Looks so nice and it's full of details. Great great work. Hope we will see sometime in the near future day/night transitions to reconstruct full 24h of racing (and I hope with the current engine ;) ).

I got to know it supports over 100 grid slot...so...yesterday I started as 90th from 90 cars and fought for 10 laps :D it was super cool!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%