Dual input functionality and visual ques

Hello everybody,

Thank you for your support thus far. I have another question w.r.t racer and how it handles input.

Is there a way to have 2 input profiles used at the same time? Such as a wheel and keyboard setup such that one overrides the other? If not, then is there a way to switch one input off and go to the other midrace?

Secondly, is ther a way to have some sort of visual notification of an input or selection while you are in racer in a race? Example: you press some button X and it has some sort of notification that you pressed said button?

Hello everybody,

Thank you for your support thus far. I have another question w.r.t racer and how it handles input.

Is there a way to have 2 input profiles used at the same time? Such as a wheel and keyboard setup such that one overrides the other? If not, then is there a way to switch one input off and go to the other midrace?

Secondly, is ther a way to have some sort of visual notification of an input or selection while you are in racer in a race? Example: you press some button X and it has some sort of notification that you pressed said button?

ctrl-4 shows control info.

> controls <set> Changes the controller . I don't think it works well though.

Hrmm, is there any way to have (in single player) 2 controls such as a G27 wheel and the keyboard as inputs? I seem to only be able to get 1 or the other.

What if say you have a person on the wheel driving but then he gives the controls to the keyboard. is that a possibility?

Hello everybody.

I am working on a driving concept and am currently using racer as the simulator. For what I want to do I need to have two inputs at once. Specifically two ways to control the car at the same time: such as both using the mouse for acceleration OR the gas pedal on the G27 wheel. Is there any way to accomplish this in Racer?

Can racer understand 2 separate inputs for the same functionality?

What if I have 2 of the same input and switch between them? ie... 2 G27 wheels that I switch back and forth. This would keep the profile the same.

Thank you,
- WC

As far as I'm aware, you can only assign each control entry once. You can spread out your controls across multiple input devices, but duplicate entries are not supported.
Switching controller files on the fly is possible via the console command "controls filename", which would allow you to pass on the input authority to another device (or just another mapping of the same device), but again, simultaneous activation of a control entry through different sources is not possible.

Hmmm, supposed I had 2 G27wheels and used a USB toggle switch that can toggle one or the other input. Would racer be able to read that as if it was the same?

The goal is a wizard of oz setup where automatic driving is done by teh wizard.

Thank you for the replies. They are helpful and much appreciated.
-WC

As long as the 'wizard' has access to a keyboard, the console commands seem to work fine. It'd probably be possible to set up keyboard shortcuts to send the right commands, too, using one of the script languages (at the moment likely Qscript - which is unfortunately track or car specific). I don't think you can have 2 controls simultaneously doing the same thing, though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back