Dual (graphics) video settings In Raceroom

Is it possible to have 2 preset graphic settings?
One for monitor and one for VR?
So I don’t have to keep resetting.
Feels like a stupid question but I can’t figure it out.

Sure it is.
Principally you just have to create a batch file that does change between one graphics_options.xml to another.
Its pretty easy to get to function but personally I have no need for it - so... :)
But there have been a discussion and solution in the official Raceroom forum.
Here you go:

I'm actually quite curious of how different people's graphics settings actually are between monitor and VR. I use the same settings for both so there's no need to switch. What is it that people are changing so much, or is it just purely for performance on systems worse than mine?

I'm actually quite curious of how different people's graphics settings actually are between monitor and VR. I use the same settings for both so there's no need to switch. What is it that people are changing so much, or is it just purely for performance on systems worse than mine?
I have a 9700k and 2080ti in combination with a Valve Index and I have quite the trouble to hit 90fps on medium to low settings. I am usually between 60 to 80 most of the time.
If I use the screen, I can use maxium settings overall. R3E is giving me a tough time when it comes to VR settings

I have a 9700k and 2080ti in combination with a Valve Index and I have quite the trouble to hit 90fps on medium to low settings. I am usually between 60 to 80 most of the time.
If I use the screen, I can use maxium settings overall. R3E is giving me a tough time when it comes to VR settings
7700 and 1080ti, i run settings max on my 4k screen. cant run that on rift s.

Hey Stefan - did you ever find a good graphics settings for yourself? I have the 9900KS and 2080Ti also, so pretty close in specs, and I use the Index as well. Im able to get 90fps, but the image is blehhhhh. I think its more of them needing to update to DX11 than anything else.

Hey Stefan - did you ever find a good graphics settings for yourself? I have the 9900KS and 2080Ti also, so pretty close in specs, and I use the Index as well. Im able to get 90fps, but the image is blehhhhh. I think its more of them needing to update to DX11 than anything else.
I can have a look at the seetings when I am home, but shadows are on low and the rest is not above medium or is even disabled. The game is so CPU heave (single core only), an update to DX11 might help indeed

I recently upgraded my system and gave VR a run last night to see if the performance would improve but it's still bad on low medium settings.
I5 3570k/ 970 4gb to a i5 9600k/2060 Super 8gb

On a monitor, I can max all setting out and I don't think you can have two profiles in-game.
You could possibly create two files and save them to your desktop.
@ Ross if I am correct, you've stated in the past you run asw @45fps in Raceroom which is why you can run the same settings.

The menus alone give me nausea and in-game is a slide show when cars drive by.
The only way I can play is by lowering the wmr experience to 60hrz but it lowers the visual fidelity.

Is there a setting that can be adjusted to move the menus back a bit? I find them to be way to close for my liking.

Hopefully, Sector3 will move to a new engine sooner rather than waiting for the mystical GTR3 to be released.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 330 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 168 7.9%
  • < 5 years