DTM: Zanardi Secures Fifth in One-Off Outing for BMW

Incredible job! Must be hard to get used to braking by pushing forward with the hand. Also not accidentally hitting the gas while shifting. Amazing testament to the human spirit and overcoming all odds to do the thing you love.

Finally !
One thread we all agree about. It's actually nice to see it.
I just hope staff prefer these simple threads, I know that those with a lot of fighting looks "more popular", more people comes in, thread becomes RD version of "Game of Thrones" and I guess in process those things raise site rating, for all wrong reasons I would say.

As hippies used to say... Make race not war ! :D

Utterly amazing guy, i agree with all the plaudits towards him.

One thing to note though, the sim 'community' would be up in arms about people using hand controllers to brake etc if they were playing a game....
Fact is you can drive a car using controllers.......
I use a wheel set up, but point is maybe we should stop being so precious about it as for some people its all they can use to enjoy the same hobby we all love.....

One thing to note though, the sim 'community' would be up in arms about people using hand controllers to brake etc if they were playing a game....

I don't mean to take the positivity out of the thread by getting us sidetracked here so I'll just say that rocker shifters such as the McLaren GT3 wheel by Fanatec and the Thrustmaster F1 Wheel are great for our one handed simracers. iRacers have for years used button clutch etc so I'm not sure you're right on this one, I think we all enjoy a good adapt and overcome story.

So here's celebrating simracers overcoming. Handi tackling the Nordschliefe Tourist:

Love this kind of news, Alex Zanardi is ranked 5th in the DTM, until there everything normal, but for those who already knew this driver from the wtcc, we know that he is missing the 2 legs, due to a serious accident suffered in an oval with the Indycar, This hero has been F1, Indycar, Wtcc driver and now in the Dtm, and I wonder, if he lacks the 2 legs and has been 5th, as it would be if he were a fully trained driver, I can feel enormously happy to see a driver who nevertheless loves this sport as much as to return to piloting, and as a reward, to be 5th, there are times when sometimes miracles exist, and this has a name and a surname, congratulations Alex you are my hero, thank you to RD for post this news!!!

Can anyone help me with daytime shots of the car? Was thinking of doing a skin for the URD mod, cheers :)

EDIT: Ok, I think I've found some, but I'm having real trouble finding the back of the car. Will probably have a look at the YouTube vids as well :)

Last edited:
Finally !
One thread we all agree about. It's actually nice to see it.
I just hope staff prefer these simple threads, I know that those with a lot of fighting looks "more popular", more people comes in, thread becomes RD version of "Game of Thrones" and I guess in process those things raise site rating, for all wrong reasons I would say.

As hippies used to say... Make race not war ! :D

I think discussions with people and their different opinions are pretty important for a healthy forum, otherwise life would be pretty boring if we all agreed on everything. And at the end even hippies like to discuss :D

Regarding Zanardi: I still have his Podium cap from his frist WTCC win. Needless to say that he is a big inspiration and somone who I share huge respect for. That guy is the incarnation of motorsport and racing.

Can anyone help me with daytime shots of the car? Was thinking of doing a skin for the URD mod, cheers :)

EDIT: Ok, I think I've found some, but I'm having real trouble finding the back of the car. Will probably have a look at the YouTube vids as well :)
You have these ?
3936126_0517_dtm_alex_zanardi_misano_day_2_2.jpg.pagespeed.ce.1FKsFbJHkt.jpg

3936401_P90319400-highRes.jpg

978_203081.jpg

profile:mag-996x562

zanardi02.jpg

You have these ?

Thanks matey,

Yeah I have a couple of them, I also found a great picture of the car from the top which is a life saver. Not too complex which is nice :)

I'll see if I can get a version one car done by the weekend for those that may want it, I'll then do a version two with the helmet, race suit, etc.

Not sure at the moment whether to do the 2012/13 car as that's across AMS,RF2 and AC or do the newer URD car (which I think is still Assetto Corsa only). Although visually the newer URD car is more accurate.

An outstanding example to each and every disabled person and a thoroughly nice man as well.
Every bit as inspiring as the athletes in the upcoming Invictus Games.
:thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing