RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Wow, so many race reports in already. Spend some time to do some work around the house and the world passes you by!

I picked a car last week based on a 5 lap practice. That's all the driving I did untill last evening. I just put in lots of laps until slowly, I came to know the track a bit and the car started to work out. Man it took a lot of fiddling until it popped and I could manage the fast turns without going off. I added a little speed and found that I liked the track better with less brake action, modulating was difficult and reducing power made it easier and settled me right down. I've used the BMW a few times now and I'm finding it a fun car to drive. P14 after a good lap.

R1: Hesitant for the first few milliseconds, then with grip I took off to cautiously pick my way through the unlucky. I caught up with Jan with just enough room to pass at theemd of the looong straight. Fora few laps after had LAzlo and Bill in front of me. I knew Lazlo was going to be quicker than me but the race going on left possibilities and I closed on him a couple of times only to mistake myself back into the distance. Bill errored and began to look rather erratic. I cautiously but quickly popped by him. On L8, Sam came up thru the pack and passed we with sheer speed to give me a "moment" in the brake zone on the long straight. My reduced brake pressure barely kept me off his bumper and I had to maneuver to the inside and almost spin to stay out of him. Not your problem Sam, I need sim braking skills. Glenn caught up about that point and camped out behind me. Sam had a problem in one of the corners, Glenn and I passed him. Glenn constantly applied pressure all the way to the end of the race.

R2: I don't think I needed TS for anyone to know that I really dislike being on the front row for an R2 start. I'll even give up places in R1 to be out of the "reverse grid zone"! Why, because it spells death to me, I always end up with my pit crew and sponsors not liking me, lol. Well, Eric let me lead forthe first lap, he must not have been under any pressure. But I had a great seat for the Peter, Keith, Lazlo incident! For being tapped, PEter really made out well and I ended up behind Lazlo again. Tyler caught me then and blew by as well. An argument with a bit of armco has me struggling to the pit for some front aero repair and I'm back ontrack a lap down. Glenn comes up on me and makes a pass but it doesn't stick. On L6, another trip to the pits for my second aero repair. Eric laps me ontrack, sorry Eric for looking like I was blocking on the straight, I thought you were going different places. History books will note P14 and two laps down for me.

I'm really glad my setup finally came together, otherwise I would have been and still would be miserable. I got it to the point where I knew how to control the car and was only unrewarded royally each time I played the tune wrong. As Eric predicted, I was 10th overall.

Thanks RD!

TIP FOR ME TODAY - CONSITENT LAP TIMES

QUALI DID allmost allday practice since the server was up, with the Vette did a 1.41.2 at somepoint with Motec telling me that could do 1.40.4 but dind;t realy enjoy the Vette..so back to audi...i did 1.41.6 best...but in oficial practice tried again with Vette and a dwl setup from Yves which dind;t work for me at all...different driving stiles..so for the last dash went for audi.and did a 1.41.7 in quali...si close to PB.David again in front off me :(

RACE 1 STARTED from 11 again i started in neutral..so sory for mess at start...then in firsts corners much pushing and noging..found my self in 15th i think...so more accidents in front off me and i was traped between in front Graham Healey in the back Michal Szabo 1sec in front 1sec in the back....stayed there for some laps...just couldn;t catch up,did some bad mod on setup before race,bad stuff...was laping in high 1.43. Szabo came close....but realy managed to keep him behind,was very late on braking with audi.in last laps saw dad i was closing fast on Healy so i assumed that his tires where gone..but on managed 3sec..the he went again...si 9th place for me

RACE 2Good start from 9 to 7 in first corner behind in first laps none athor then Mickael Taloc..in the first straigt i let him pass..tried to keep up(was joking my self) then at one point again lost concentration and spind on the gras...was 15 or 17...passed 2 cars..in was 11 i think...coulnd;t get eny forder...in front big gap and abou same passe..in the back last week runerup and fighter Satoru Ohno and Michal Szabo where closing fast...this time put high camber and my tires where gone by lap 10...so Satoru did catch up but i realy put some late braking ...just ,just edge him..in last lap he braked very late, i new he was going to atack there and i let the inside free...he went ou but close behind was Szabo..in my rear bumper,,in last corner i entered wide he was inside..but i got a better exit and just edge him to finish line...realy,realy,realy close...10th and was so hapy...was a very nice fight,very hard fight,

NICE JOB GUYS RD, FULL GRID ON GTPRO WAS AMAIZING
10-X BOYS FOR REALY NICE AND CLEA FIGHT;S
SATORU AGAIN AMAIZING FIGHT BETWEEN THE AUDI'S
10-X U ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%