AC DTM @ Spa - Tuesday 28th of March 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Managed to get the last spot on the server and had a blast! :thumbsup:

Sorry to Manuele for the bump at the 23 minute mark but your ping was rather high, your car was moving around the track so it was unavoidable.

Also I saved the replay but I can only watch the last 2 minutes. Is that normal?
Somewhere in the Options you can set the quality/max MB of your replay.
No love for the Mercedes in this game :(
The Minardi experience.

Managed to get the last spot on the server and had a blast! :thumbsup:

Sorry to Manuele for the bump at the 23 minute mark but your ping was rather high, your car was moving around the track so it was unavoidable.
Really? All the time i checked i had a ping around 45...but i had a strange hickup at one time, so possible.
Shame, because at that point we were pretty far in the front of the grid :unsure:.
Anyway, fairplay for waiting afterwards:thumbsup: So all good :)
Race was crazy, but bloody awesome. I am so exhausted.

Nice race guys, it has been a nice fight with @BhZ in the first half of the race, then after his pit he lost contact with the lead and then a solitary race until the end.
Next week event is already up, we will go in the sandy dunes of Zandvoort, for more DTM action. ;)

Really? All the time i checked i had a ping around 45...but i had a strange hickup at one time, so possible.
Shame, because at that point we were pretty far in the front of the grid :unsure:.
Anyway, fairplay for waiting afterwards:thumbsup: So all good :)
Race was crazy, but bloody awesome. I am so exhausted.

It was only a short time mate. I got impatient and probably should of waited for your ping to settle. Glad I didn't ruin your race though.

Agreed the race was brilliant :thumbsup: Glad the last car available was the Merc as its not usually one I would pick, but digging the ABS :laugh:

Sorry, but I decided to call it a day. Just like the last Spa event I entered a few weeks ago, people were totally abusing the track limits in order to get the speed advantage required to overtake. Really sucks all the fun out of it because aside from cheating yourself, what can you do? Think I'll avoid Spa from now on, which is shame given that it's one of my favourite tracks.
About the track abuses: @Ross Garland has a point, I saw some track abuses too.
Let me remind point 8 of our Racing Club Rules:
Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels.
Next races the staff members could analyze the replay for infractions, and in case forward them to RD admins that will give official warnings.

Somewhere in the Options you can set the quality/max MB of your replay.
No love for the Mercedes in this game :(
The Minardi experience.
Last time I drove it the Merc was fine to me, though less lively than the bimmer.
Never did after the last update, so I will try it for next week race :)

@Ross Garland I took a left dive on top of Eau Rouge bro! It was that or smashing in your car :cautious: It would be nice to put the track limits on. Is there a reason why it is not on?
@Glaurung The first lap all the way your car was jumping forwards and backwards for me. That is why I touched you in the chicane before the pit straight. Your ping was ok, but it seemed very funky.
Anyway I enjoyed it again and I will miss the tuesday dtm races. Starting to work out on tuesdays from next week :D

@Glaurung The first lap all the way your car was jumping orwards and backwards for me. That is why I touched you in the chicane before the pit straight. Your ping was ok, but it seemed very funky.
Anyway I enjoyed it again and I will miss the tuesday dtm races. Starting to work out on tuesdays from next week :D
Wim, I don't think it was me, I was in 2nd position the first lap :p.
We will miss you mate, hopefully you'll come back soon!

Nice race guys, it has been a nice fight with @BhZ in the first half of the race, then after his pit he lost contact with the lead and then a solitary race until the end.
Next week event is already up, we will go in the sandy dunes of Zandvoort, for more DTM action. ;)
I didn't really lost contact with you but i had a serious contact with the wall of the pits while going there for a pit stop ;) The most stupid way to lose a race...

Sorry, but I decided to call it a day. Just like the last Spa event I entered a few weeks ago, people were totally abusing the track limits in order to get the speed advantage required to overtake. Really sucks all the fun out of it because aside from cheating yourself, what can you do? Think I'll avoid Spa from now on, which is shame given that it's one of my favourite tracks.

I raise my hand in guilt. I made some cuts on the top apex in Eau Rouge, but that was because I saw people doing it as well, so my attitude changed.

I deeply apologise to @Matuszczak Piotr for what happened at Pouhon :(

and I just realised that what's the point in training for pace if you can't keep it up without spinning around... THREE TIMES. all this time I put the effort in training the wrong way.

I hope I haven't given a bad impression of me, it's just that I'm new to this community, hence I don't know anybody and I don't know what to say. Eventually I'll get along with you guys (or so I think, my social skills are next to none).

Next time I'll try to talk more. See ya!

I raise my hand in guilt. I made some cuts on the top apex in Eau Rouge, but that was because I saw people doing it as well, so my attitude changed.

I deeply apologise to @Matuszczak Piotr for what happened at Pouhon :(

and I just realised that what's the point in training for pace if you can't keep it up without spinning around... THREE TIMES. all this time I put the effort in training the wrong way.

I hope I haven't given a bad impression of me, it's just that I'm new to this community, hence I don't know anybody and I don't know what to say. Eventually I'll get along with you guys (or so I think, my social skills are next to none).

Next time I'll try to talk more. See ya!
That's why these Club Races are the best opportunity to improve driving skills.
As you realised, consistency is much more important than hotlapping.
This is the difference between an online race and an infinite hotlap exercise off-line or with the AI: as in real life, in an online race you can't restart in case of error/incident, you are on track with other human drivers, and everything has a consequence.
Moreover, this is a Race Club, so we have to follow some rules on track: when you see rules infrigments, please report them, and do not infrige them too.
See you next race!

I didn't really lost contact with you but i had a serious contact with the wall of the pits while going there for a pit stop ;) The most stupid way to lose a race...
And know what? You did the worst thing possible for a Club race: abandoned the race. Why not go back to pits, repair the car and continue the race? This is not a league, these are club races.
It was not only you, but some other drivers have abandoned early the race.
This behaviour literally spoils the race appeal of the others buddies that continue the race until the very last meter. To stay on track and finish the race is a form of respect towards the other drivers and it's the only way to improve race-craft.

To race here at RD Racing Clubs, RD Rules have to be followed. These rules are what make our races different from public servers.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racing-club-regulations-2017.10978/

Last edited:
And know what? You did the worst thing possible for a Club race: abandoned the race. Why not go back to pits, repair the car and continue the race? This is not a league, these are club races.
It was not only you, but some other drivers have abandoned early the race.
This behaviour literally spoils the race appeal of the others buddies that continue the race until the very last meter. To stay on track and finish the race is a form of respect towards the other drivers and it's the only way to improve race-craft.

To race here at RD Racing Clubs, RD Rules have to be followed. These rules are what make our races different from public servers.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racing-club-regulations-2017.10978/
My car hit the pit wall and turned 90 degrees to the left. I tried for 30 seconds to recover the car and continue the race but the car was stuck in the pit lane. So i had to go back to the pits with the menu, meaning that i lost an entire lap because of that. At that point i was a lapped guy and i would have spoiled others race since i was 3-4 seconds faster than most of them. I usually continue the race till the end, but in this situation, with the car stuck in the pit lane, i wasn't able to do much.

Why would you have spoiled their race?
As a lapped guy i would have overtook some of them while they were battling with someone else. Personally i hate when a lapped guy tries to overtake me while i'm in a battle for a position, especially if that guy has new tires.

As a lapped guy i would have overtook some of them while they were battling with someone else. Personally i hate when a lapped guy tries to overtake me while i'm in a battle for a position, especially if that guy has new tires.
Ok, I will clarify it once more, hopefully for the last time.
Point n.3 of RD Club Rules:
When you have signed up for an event we expect you to be there. If for any reason you can not make it you can sign out up until one hour prior to the practice session. Signing up means you are committed to finish the entire race.

Ok, I will clarify it once more, hopefully for the last time.
Point n.3 of RD Club Rules:
When you have signed up for an event we expect you to be there. If for any reason you can not make it you can sign out up until one hour prior to the practice session. Signing up means you are committed to finish the entire race.
Look, i'm not saying that what i did was right. I'm simply stating that i thought that in that situation it was the right thing to do. It won't happen again. Btw, i read the rules, no need to post them again.
Just to make sure, if i get lapped, i can battle with those that are one lap in front of me? What happen if i'm faster? Do i overtake them? And if by mistake i hit someone and the result is a big crash, is it just a racing accident with no bans or penalties?

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back