RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve felt off the pace whole evening, and since I didn’t deive R3E for few weeks I only wanted to avoid crashes.
In the think I made it fine, except few spins (I was only letting others pass :rolleyes:). Congrats @Jan Larsen on championship, super fast whole series. When I saw you spun in race 2, in my head it was “Alonso resting on chair in Brazil race”:roflmao:
Thanks Ross for organizing, great series again. :thumbsup:

Honourable mention to Matt Sisson in R2. Very neighbourly of you to let me by on the run down to Pouhon

Yeh I know you wouldn't see the pros doing that, but you were quicker, so I felt my chances of a 2nd or 3rd were higher if we didn't prolong it and I could then get my head down and do my own race. So not entirely altruistic :)

It was a good strategy - I was over 10 seconds clear by the time they stopped scrapping behind, and got my first proper podium, just. It was very tight with JP at the last corner!

Great racing, really enjoyed it all. Thanks Ross for organising, and all your special attention ;)

What are the DRS/P2P rules during the race?
A very good question, since it's very different than what has come before.

Push-to-Pass: Available to all but the race leader at any time other than the first lap. You can activate it once per lap whenever you want. Limited to 24 laps total, but that won't matter for our 20 minute sprints. It lasts for 5 seconds and gives a 60hp boost.

DRS: Available to all but the race leader at any time other than the first lap. You can activate it up to three times per lap whenever you want. Total uses are limited to half of the number of expected laps, eg, 12 laps = 6 DRS activations to play with.

To reiterate, there are no DRS zones and no requirement to be within a certain distance of the car in front in order to "earn" P2P/DRS. All drivers can use it whenever they like apart from the race leader, who gets sod all. The race leader is determined at the start of each sector, not each lap.

Nah sorry, just thought maybe you'd know something about it. It's a MOD for Asetto Corsa.
Yeah, I just Googled it. I'm not sure you'll see an RD series using them anytime soon. The series I run here are unofficial, and are really club events in disguise. :ninja: As for the rest of RD, leagues have fallen by the wayside for now as the focus is elsewhere. Small trial leagues are running, but nothing too serious yet. I'm not sure it helps that the mod is payware either, to be honest.

That said, AC is supposed to be moving over to the SGP system in the very near future. At that stage anyone can make their own events and series, so perhaps someone will put something together then.

Bin-dabei-logo-10.png

AUDI RS 5 #51, please.

Frustrasted :giggle:I failed twice the mission to a full-M6 podium ehehe
Now seriously, very nice racing guys, lucky enough to dodge some incindents in front of my nose, and consistent in measure to aspire the places in front.
R1 I had P3 for a while, let it go back to Nicolas ( @rustymoto ) that kept it briliiantly to the end. Great driving mate (in a Porsche!)
R2 had very bad start (as in R1 to be honest), and found myself near last. After many "incident-dodging" kind of luck, I got to P5 with ( @JXCKG2003 ) Jack Garland on my back. He was (really) faster than me, so I just made the wise move and let him past asap. Riding in his tale (almost ehe), we gradually moved closer to Matt ( @Port1s ). Jack managed to past him while I could just get to his bumper only to lock at the last chicane of the race in a desperate and futile attempt for that podium place...:( One more lap Matt, and maybe, maybe...:p:rolleyes:
All in all, great racing as far as Im concerned (and this M6 isn't that easy to tame, is it Ross..? eheheh)
Congrants everyone, special one to the great winner @Jan Larsen :thumbsup:
See you the next one in those pesky DTM2020 (omg, heavy right foot havoc kkkkrrkkk:x3::x3::x3:)
Cheers

(and this M6 isn't that easy to tame, is it Ross..? eheheh)
Actually I found the car very easy to drive, I can see why everyone chooses it. The issue wasn't the car, it was the idiot driving it. :whistling: I was making silly errors I don't usually make, took a couple of people out completely, and was just having a bad day all round really! (In sim-racing terms.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 109 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 205 15.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%