RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Welcome once again to New York state's best known sand dune! Car of choice, Beemer. Stupid choice but I made it. Couldn't ever spend enough time in it to get rid of the "shakes" but drove it anyhow as I had no time before the event to practice with another car.

Q: I drove into the fence leaving the pit :rolleyes:. Suspension damage meant no real chance for a fast time, no problem, I like the back of the grid.

R1: Known fact, the Beemer launches, I did a practice start during warmup and thought the car was pig off the line. Oh so wrong, even with a slight goof I was tearing through the grid as the flag fell. From P12 to P7 at the bridge and P4 entering Milstone! Then I knew the world was coming to an end as a horrible vision displayed itself in my rearview mirror :frown:. Exiting Milstone in P14 all attempts to gain ground ended in tankslappers, filling my wheel wells with quality Long Island sand. Caught John R and Dan W, thought it might last but I got clipped by John[I guess bmw's down't like each other much] as he slid back onto the track after one of his tankslappers. Off to the pit and finish two laps down.

R2: Not such a good launch but on the move with everyone, P7 under the bridge and by Rafael coming out of echo valley. P5 at the end of the lap with Dan W pulling up on the inside. I can't see him anywhere until the bridge and give him room at T1 as he goes by. Tucked in behind him at T2, I'm on line and I hit my brake point[well before the darkened asphalt] as Dan moves over to the left. I pull a tighter line than him but I'm on the gas and he doesn't seem to be as I clip his right rear. We both go into the "hay" bales. Dan gets beamed back to the pit :sorry:, I get there under power. I leave the pit only to get lapped, it's only L3 for me:damnit:! Forever thereafter, I have to mercifully slow to allow the train of cars past. R2= no fun at all.

I still love the track! I have lots of work to do with this car.
Thanks to Ryan, Eric and RD for the event.

EDIT = R2: Dan and I end up in the wall at Milstone. I can see we were both pushing hard and the time of impact we were both eaisily over 10 mph[14kph] over the highest corner speeds used during most of the race by most of the drivers including myself at best for most of the time. I was not yet on the power but I think without contact we both would have made it thru! I had made a change to my car between races and on L1 of R2 that change gave me some inspration and I thought I was good to carry the speed there on that lap. Daniel, I'm sorry again for your losing the second chance to enjoy a race at this track.

Apologies for that Dennis, I was totally out of the accelerator as soon as I went off(I think the left rear stepped into the sand:mad:), but I couldnt keep it from sliding back on, and i just clipped you. I know now why it took you a little bit to go by me while I waited for you to pass. I went into the pits also, and managed to get a stop n go the next lap. I almost packed it in right there, but I reminded myself this is for fun, and stayed on.
From the sounds of it, you were having about as much fun with your BMW as I was. The only place it was quick was in the top high speed right handers,. Even there it was still nervous, though. I would love to get motec running and see what was going on. Just have to find the time someday....
I guess the starts and the first lap/first corners could have been cleaner, but it is racing, and stuff happens. I also got caught up in some of the aftermath, but Im positive none of it was intentional and many of us did not have time for car setups and track time. I had none, and after the first race I made some adjustments that made the car more consistent, and I had a better race. Except for the start(was actually in 5th VERY breifly)it was terrible in the first race after a few laps.
At the end of the day, it was still fun, and Im motivated to develop a better setup for the BMW e46 and be back with it. A little bit of variety in a sea of hondas, even though I love driving them.

****bit of a personal update. I spent a little time with setup/lapping in the e46 320i, and got best of 131.3 with 10 laps of fuel loaded, avg about 131.7 ish. Who'd a thunk it, lol? Still some life left in it ******

See you guys again

John

Hey Carl, I had the same problem with one of the tracks last week. Did you manual put the dtm folders in the folder, or did you just extract to the race 07 directory? I would try to manually put them there if you have not already tried that.

...\race 07\GameData\Teams\FVR_Addons\DTM_2007
...\race 07\GameData\Talent\DTM

Count me IN. These cars are awesome here. How much difference do you guys find in these cars. Just trying them all out and trying to learn the give and takes...

Have you driven them enough to know their strengths and weaknesses? Give me the scoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%