RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Another great night.

Was doing ok following Nigel then got carried away and missed my break point at the end of the long straight, slammed on and spun away (the joys of gamepad panic braking), sorry about that Nigel if it unnerved you, it scared the living S*** out of me. Anyway rejoined in 16th and managed to finish 8th.

Quality race by all!

First of all I'ld like to say that was f***ing awesome, if not for the last couple of laps this would have been up there in my top ten of races on RD. :good:

Quali: I ended up in 15th spot with doing a PB, 2:19.9xx, but as it was really close in the midfield that was it for me.

Race: I had a really good start making up a couple of places off the grid into T1, which was really clean, great driving guys. Now upto p11 I settled down and got into a rhythm and round the first lap. For the next 8 laps I was locked in a titanic battle with Marius & Dan in which we must have changed position more times than I can count. This was brilliant but finally I was able to shake them off and got on with the job in hand. Then next few laps I just kept in constant but then I noticed Marius on a charge and on lap 13/14 I made a small mistake by which time Marius had closed the gap & he went through. I tried to stay with him but as my tyres were worn he was just pulling a for 10ths on me per lap. As we approched the pitstops Marius had got passed Matt & I was closing on him but also Bob Miley was closing after his off earlier.

Now on lap 17 I was due my pitstop and the tyres were glad for it. It seems the others had a similar plan and all 4 of us went into the pits. Mr Lesbos seemed to get the jump on 2 of us, how do you do that?, so out we came, Marius, Bob M, Matt & me, let the battle commence. For the next few laps I was just peging the gap to Matt & I saw that Bob M was on a charge & starting to look at getting by Marius. This I thought would be good for me as it might slow them up a bit while they were fighting it out and I could close the gap on them. As we got about half way through the stint I was haulling in Matt after a few little mistakes he was making and for the next couple of laps we to battled it out for position which I was finally able to take, nice driving there Matt. By this time I saw that Bob M had got by Marius so I turned my attention to chasing him down. As it got towards the end of the race Marius was making a few mistakes which let me catch him and after he went wide in the 180 turn I was able to get by but I knew he would not give up, raced him many times before. As we started to fight a bit this let Matt join the party and the next few laps were brilliant as I was the guy upfront and the other two were trying to get by. I managed to hold them off right up untill 2 laps to go when I got a nudge which sent me wide in T4, this let Marius and Matt through but I was determined to get back in touch with them before the end of the race. I pushed as hard as I dare with what was now worn out tyres and did managed to close the gap down a lot but unfortuantely it was not enough and came home behind Matt with Marius behind me.

I would just like to say, thx to Marius, Dan & Matt for a spectacular race and for the really close duels we had. :cool: Grts to Henrik for the win and wd all podium finishers. Not forget to thank Mr B for setting it all up and RD of couse. Cheers guys and see you all next time.

I couldn't do a decent lap till I figured out how to take a couple of the turns here. That happened right at the end of qualifying, lol.

Since At race time, I could actually drive the car, I had a really great time and a fun race. I barely missed Mike Bell as he spun on the first lap, unfortunatleyended up off track and stopped in missing. All alone on the track, nothing happened until Henrik came up to lap me and Joseph Edgar right behind. One by one the top eight went by. Istvan caught me after his pitstop and we had a nice lap together, he pushed to get away from me and I think, pushed too hard as I got back by.

I was slow, I was alone but I made good of it. Thanks RD and David!

Great racing today :).

Could capture Pole Position, so best initialsituation for me.

Unfortunately my start wasn´t as best and Henrik could pass me after three corners side by side. Second lap i could reovertake again but already on start finish line i lost P1 again to Henrik. So start goes complete different how i imagine. As best would be i stay in front and Henrik lose much with position fights behind me. :redface:
But now i had to try to follow him. But the one or other small mistake gives tenth to tenth to him and if Henrik have one time a gap it´s nearly impossible to catch him again. In this race, :no: way. In contrary i had to defend my position to Peter. With longer going racestint i got some problems with my tyres (at least more then Henrik & Peter) , specially on braking i got understeer and loose some time. So first target, keep Peter bihind me till the stop. It works luckily and after the stop one lap earlier i could open a alittle gap ( maybe also because of a not perfect stop by Peter). No i use my new tyres to increase a bit the gap to max 8 sec. With about this i could stay on P2 till finish behind (this time again) not catchable Henrik. :doublethumb:

:thanks: all for racing this one.

I came into the event with no practice but I knew the track which meant I just had to get used to the Radical. I was happy with my times even though I was ~2 seconds slower than pole. Put me in the middle of the grid for race 1.

Got a good start but due to a lack of practice and a graphics failure I gradually dropped down the field. Had some good battles driving back up into 7th, mainly with Jan Sommers who is a very good driver I found out quite quickly :wink:

Second race was much better. Didn't make any stupid mistakes but I did get shuffled down the order from 2nd to 5th in the end. All the action happened in the first few laps as I was faster than everyone except the top 4 who got past early on. Had another good battle with Jan too. Was a real pleasure to drive against him, no tapping, plenty of room and a solid defense :D

Also made a video, got a bit bored towards the end so I just bunked some music on without thinking about volume ect. so sorry if you can't hear the cars :rolleyes:

I have come to the conclusion that I really hate this track.

Race1: Pitted in 9th for fuel and the car would not start back up - then the game kicked me out to the lobby giving me a DNF. Grrr...

Race2: Got stuck behind Gravis on lap one and was struggling not to rear end him. He had some rather unique braking points. I eventually had to swerve to avoid rear ending him and found myself behind the barriers at the bottum of the hill. Passed a few injured cars over the next 10 laps or so and finally caught back up to the action with 4 laps to go. Tyler made a mistake on the front straight (if you can call it that) and got passed, but out braked myself into T1 allowing Tyler to regain his position. Two turns later Marty runs it wide on to the grass and Tyler slips through. With the track being as tight as it is, I was unable to pass. I was all over the rear of Marty's Lacetti for the remaining two laps, desperately looking for a way past. Marty did a great job keeping his lines tight and ultimately keeping me at bay. Finished 11th.

Maaaan, what an event...

Qualifying: 7th. I wasn't expecting much.

Race 1: a pretty so-so affair. I ran in 5th for much of the race after I was hit with suspension damage after contact with Ryan. I had an amazing battle with Robert - I was continually trying to get past but could never quite get my nose in. I ended up finishing 7th after my tyres were shot, letting Michael through.

Race 2: I started 2nd on the grid behind Paul. I ran in 2nd for the duration of lap 1 until I accidentally made contact with him coming through the uphill left hander. I slowed down slightly, but he was nowhere to be found, so I got back up to speed behind Ryan and Marty. When Ryan had his strange invisible wall incident and Marty was caught up in it, I just managed to manoeuver around him. I then found that I had a 5-second lead... I drove with the intention of keeping that lead but I was debating with myself whether to pull over and wait until Paul came by. I eventually decided that if I won, I would report myself after the event, but "Gardiner's Curse" had other ideas. On the second-to-last lap, I came into the sharp left hander after the jump, but the car just didn't want to turn. Into the wall, and Michael goes by again... but this time Paul is right behind him. I suppose fate equalled things out in the end. I ended up in 3rd, disappointed that I had thrown away yet another victory - my best chance yet - but I was happy for Michael and Paul. Michael, you deserved that win... congratulations.

I'll see you guys next week... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back