AC DTM @ Red Bull Ring (Live Stream) - Tuesday 23 May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That moment when you realize the AI does a better job at allowing the other driver space....

Sorry but after driving almost 3k real km's this weekend and being very tired, AND not allowing me space on my own line I didn't have much more mood to complete it today.

If I feel tired again next time, I will make sure to cancel so someone can enjoy a full race.

Too many people drive these "simulators" like a game. I bet when you drive any car on a race track with real opponents, you don't do stupid **** like these things.. perhaps something some people could try to get used to. Drive or at least try to drive like you would on a real track with a real car.

The last 5 or so races I myself tried to avoid contact at all cost, also if it costs me time. But today after the 4th or so driver mistake, I lost my mood :)

Like I said, I won't bother next time when I'm tired, I will make sure to cancel at least 1 hour before.

I will take a small break, cu somewhere next month or so.

P.S. Sorry for those who organize the race, commentator and other clean drivers.

My worst experience so far ... I was quite happy with my qualifying, 2nd was much better than the previous race. But I got taken out two corners in row (no worries that can happen) and then I was stuck in a loop that consisted in 3 things : spinning by myself, stuck behind someone, taken out, spinning again ... It was time to stop.

upload_2017-5-23_22-47-24.png

That moment when you realize the AI does a better job at allowing the other driver space....

Sorry but after driving almost 3k real km's this weekend and being very tired, AND not allowing me space on my own line I didn't have much more mood to complete it today.

If I feel tired again next time, I will make sure to cancel so someone can enjoy a full race.

Too many people drive these "simulators" like a game. I bet when you drive any car on a race track with real opponents, you don't do stupid **** like these things.. perhaps something some people could try to get used to. Drive or at least try to drive like you would on a real track with a real car.

The last 5 or so races I myself tried to avoid contact at all cost, also if it costs me time. But today after the 4th or so driver mistake, I lost my mood :)

Like I said, I won't bother next time when I'm tired, I will make sure to cancel at least 1 hour before.

I will take a small break, cu somewhere next month or so.

P.S. Sorry for those who organize the race, commentator and other clean drivers.

Apologies, Geert! I believe I bumped a little into the inside of you entering T2, about 2/3 of the way through. Hard tyres just not working with my setup, and carrying a damaged rear end! I just thought I had more grip, and it understeered. Sorry again man, but if it's any consolation, I think I lost more in the move :roflmao:

Good fun! The fast corners were challenging with a lot of cars at the start of the race :confused:

Be careful in braking zones. If you are right behind a car heading into a turn, drop out of the slipstream just before braking if you can ;)

Sorry Yohann for that contact at the early laps.
The race was pretty fun in the first laps, then when I've reached the third position I had a stable pace like Johnny in front of me.
In the last laps I had some troubles with the lapped guys, particularly in the last corner, that made me cross the finish line in the pits.

Next Tuesday we will run in the Green Hell, for another great DTM action.

Sorry Yohann for that contact at the early laps.
The race was pretty fun in the first laps, then when I've reached the third position I had a stable pace like Johnny in front of me.
In the last laps I had some troubles with the lapped guys, particularly in the last corner, that made me cross the finish line in the pits.

Next Tuesday we will run in the Green Hell, for another great DTM action.

As I said don't worry anything can happen in race, that's how it is :D and I've already done this kind of move in previous races so it would be unwise for me to critisize. I'm kinda frustated but not at nothing in particular, just frustrated how the whole race turned out to be for me.

I watched a bit of footage from the race on Twitch, it caught me couple of times mid fight, contact happens, I went out few times because it's hard to control the car after contact, mouse steering fml :D but it was fun none the less.

Although the final turn contact between Croiselet and Iaria hurts to watch :D but that's racing, right? :)

Although the final turn contact between Croiselet and Iaria hurts to watch :D but that's racing, right? :)
I'm not angry at all for what happened, Nicolas lost his rear at he couldn't do anything else than pointing the inside where I was at that moment.
Definitely a bizarre way to end a race, something to remember and smile about this :)
Eventually I was in the wrong place in the wrong time, and that's racing.

Almost forgot the great fight I had midrace with @Stig Bidstrup, we both lost a lot of time from @Johnny Stathoros fighting like that but it has been nice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back