DTM | R-Motorsport Aston Martin Withdraw From Series

Who didnt see this coming really? Only if you live in a fantasy world you'd think Aston would be able to stay there long. I'll be surprised if the WEC hypercar program sees the green flag, either this wont happen or they'll change it to a DPi2

Last edited:
Whatever happened to stripped out race prepared roadcars. These cars have almost nothing except the badge in common with the ones we see on the road everyday. These bespoke racing machines cost millions to develop but they complain about costs???
Specially developed race engines too??? come on man what happened to the screaming highly tuned factory engines???

Whatever happened to stripped out race prepared roadcars. These cars have almost nothing except the badge in common with the ones we see on the road everyday. These bespoke racing machines cost millions to develop but they complain about costs???
Specially developed race engines too??? come on man what happened to the screaming highly tuned factory engines???

Maybe because watching proper racecars is still more fun than FWD sedans or even worse SUVs, made of tinfoil and sponge?

You mean actual stock car racing? Among the fast series the closest to this is GT4

DTM cars in their current state are not really relevant to the current automotive industry anymore.
Audi - BMW - (Mercedes) just can't get anymore famous (in germany) anyway.
Back to basics is the best thing, German produced higly tuned regular touringcars.
Throw in a big rear spoiler and some extra bodywork for the spectacle.
Ban full factory teams, you will have a full field in 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Some of you guys...Jesus.... DTM is not about German cars only, it's a touring car championship.

Anyway, the whole DTM situation is hilarious because EU and Germany (same thing really) is all about cutting costs and making motorsports less expensive and more efficient....then you have DTM which is THE German touring car championship, and it's probably the most expensive motorsports in EU right now. I bet even GT3 series is cheaper than DTM.

That's Germany for you right there. No offense to Germans, you're all great, i just hate this double standard policy Germany has imposed on pretty much every other motorsport, except their own.

Anyway, Aston leaving DTM is great news and i hope the rest will follow as well until DTM starts doing what even F1 does, cutting costs.

I'd save the moaning... you are going to need the energy for when its all electric racing....
I'll be pushing up the daisies when that day comes, so I'm not bothered.

The link between the family sedan and the modern race car died 20 years ago, well it did here in Oz. The Supercar V8 is only similar to your everyday drive in looks, and even then their carbon or composite fibre panels, the only metal panel is the drivers door and that's for an intrusion barrier. They even had to massage the V8 Mustangs roof to get it to fit the Gen2 chassis. If I had $500k to spend it wouldn't be on a modern race car.

Maybe the DTM should just die...again?
10 rounds this year, 4 only in Germany. Not even a race in Austria as well. They dropped Oschersleben a while back which got crowned best DTM events a couple of years in a row and they just sculled that. No Sachsenring either...so much for the "D" standing for Deutschland.

The Manufactures pushing for more European races because the 84 Mio German citizens aren't enough for them either. Or maybe just rebrand it ITC...

And speaking about manufacturers, too much power and paying in the money so that's only a manufacturer battle instead of the teams and way too expansive for private teams to really join in. I think to run 1 car in DTM you need 2.5 Mio € at least. And if you look at Super GT...There the teams pay the most of the running costs via Sponsoring compared to the Sponsoring we have in DTM where they maybe only get 25% or so covered of the costs by Sponsors.

The business model is wrong and now they pay the price for it. Thank goodness we still got ADAC GT Masters I guess in Germany.

Errr... Doesn't the "D" stands for "Deutsche"?

41R2ap4XGUL._SX425_.jpg

Didn't stop Alfa Romeo

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%