RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Glad I joined you guys last night. Ive been wanting to race the supercup cars for a few weeks now. Race 1 was exciting as I was trying to feel the car out and not crash anyone. Got a good start because of the other guys being bogged down and was side by side with Sam. We wet through turn 1 together cleanly so I thought he was going to leave me a little more room in turn 2 but he shut the door. Sorry about that spin Sam, it pretty much ruined your race :(. After that i had a little damage which I thought was slowing me down some but it was my accelerator only reading 3/4 of full throttle. Stefan was back a few seconds and kept picking away at my 3rd place position. He caught me on the last lap right before the esses but I was able to take 3rd. Race 2 was even more sketchy because I wasnt used to the full power. Had a lot of fun racing with Sam and Rafael. I cant remember how many times I went off the track but some how i managed to finish my first supercup race with no damage and finished 2nd.

From what i'v readed i understand that people who enter this event have to prepare better for the race,make a proper setup,have patient because the race isn't win after 2 laps,facts that i know and i agree.:)
I think nothing can be greater than a endurance event at LeMans for a Maniac Enduro guys like me. I'v participated in one year at 4 endurances and all of them were finished in first 5 beside America Road one where i finished 6th.My first race here was indeed the Nordschliefe 3.5h Enduro from May 2009.
If in the final everyone agree that we can run a LeMans 3.5h event,i think we should really give it a second chance:redface:.We can at least try to see how many drivers will sign up and if they are all 25 early,then it should be a full grid race.Last year it was really bad with only 14 participants,i'm sorry.

Great race yesterday! Much like Remco, I really didn't have a chance to prepare for yesterdays race, with the American Racing Club events keeping me busy. I ended up using my Mid Ohio setup for the Mosler, which is really stable and fast through the twisty bits, but unfortunately down a fair bit in terms of outright acceleration and top end grunt. For instance, I was losing as much as 8 tenths accelerating out of T6, the super slow hairpin. While I am not entirely happy with my end result, I am quite pleased with my driving. I think I lost at least a minute in the first pit cycle, if not more. Which is a real shame as I was having a fun battle with Tyler. I completely missed my pit stall. Then I went to down shift and back up, but only down shifted to 1st and move even further from my box. Doh! And for the cherry on top, I also collected a stop 'n go penalty for speeding in the pits. After serving my penalty I came out miles down on Tyler and about a minute up on Glenn. I pretty much gave up at this point and just settled into a comfortable rhythm to bring it home for 6th place finish in the GTS class - 14th overall.

Any ways, how about Sebring for the next enduro? It's a fantastic track and really suits this type of racing.

Man, what a blast. I really love these cars!

Kevin was ultra quick again straight out of the box, but this time I was able to squeeze him out to take poll.

R1: Well, what can I say, I really screwed myself this time and jumped the start. I slammed on the brakes and came to a stop just in time for the lights to go out. Really sorry to everyone behind me. I stopped and served my stop 'n go penalty at the end of lap 1 and rejoined a good ways down on the field. As some of the others were struggling I was able to make my way back up to 4th fairly quickly and eventually caught up to Tyler, but made a mistake and spun it just as I arrived at the tail. I then had it all over again. It took me a little while to really regain my confidence in the car, but over the last few laps my lap times started to drop a fair bit again and I was catching Tyler quickly. I got a bit of a run on him down the back straight and tried to pass him around the outside as he was blocking the line. The car went sideways and I had to let off and dropped back in behind him. Then I got to the inside of him in the chicane leading onto the front straight. I think I was a head briefly, but let off as I was afraid I would take us both out, if I didn't. Finished 4th just off the back of Tyler. Congrats to Kevin for the win. :)

R2: Got a decent start and found myself on the back of Sam by lap 2 or 3. I followed him around for a few laps trying to find a way past, but he was driving very well. I eventually got a run on him off the last corner down the front straight and we went into T1 side by side. I thought we touched for a moment and was relieved when I saw Sam in my rear view. From here on out I started to open up a bit of a gap with laps times in 18's - my PB being a 18.7. At roughly half the race distance I made a mistake coming out of T1 and got really sideways. I let off and tried to correct the slide and the car just kicked back the other way sending me off and into the wall. Luckily, other than some cosmetic damage the car was fine and I was able to carry on with the gap to Sam having shrunk to about 2 seconds. Despite this little scare I kept on pushing and opened the gap to over 10 seconds and was able to finish first with further incident. :cool:

I really enjoyed myself last night. I think this was a good track/car combo. Hope to see you all on track again for some more Porsche action next Saturday.

I'm not sure Stefan but I believe there is no legal Sebring out for the Race series, if there is give me a heads up please :)

Le mans was already in my mind guys :wink: it will come for sure and maybe in a longer format then 500k. But want to wait with that after summer holiday periode to be sure the grid will be full. I've hosted 2 enduros now with both full grids :) awesome! I think with that may intrest in enduros we iwll get Le Mans full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 376 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%