RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone (who replied) seems to be getting along well with the Porsche, me... Not so much. I am having the toughest time keeping the turbo interested in what I am trying to do. Last night I paid the leaderboard a visit and tried to chase @ko41. There were times when he was braking and turning and immediately my head exploded. How on earth are you able to do that? If I so much as imagine I am going to apply the brake, the car takes me to meet it's new favorite wall textures.

I'm not going to give up and switch to the M1, but I will ask you to be kind and not flip me off as you pass. I'll be embarrassed enough wrestling with the Porsche. I'm going to go ahead and chalk this race up as a learning opportunity. See you all in the class room.
:laugh:

Couple little tricks with the Porsche. One: move brake buss forward so you can brake harder without spinning. Two: slip the clutch when bogging in 2nd or 3rd, this way you don’t need to shift, and it keeps it straighter going into some tighter turns. Another thing I do with this car and the Fabcar is keep partial throttle coming out of turns letting the boost build until your ready for it. Otherwise the car has a tendency to spin if you hold full throttle until the turbo spools.

Confirming M1 #110 @David DeGreef

Tried the Porsche again tonight. Bwahaha. Not a chance. However, started to enjoy trying to keep it straight but better to keep that for practice for now.

Question Re: map on HUD. I don't use the map on HUD as I find it a bit distracting. As I'm new to the club racing would you recommend keeping the map on the HUD to increase awareness of cars coming up on me? I've got CrewChief running with the spotter and radar on but that only let's you know when others are right there. Or do you just rely on your rear view mirror?

cheers

Reactions: DND
Question Re: map on HUD. I don't use the map on HUD as I find it a bit distracting. As I'm new to the club racing would you recommend keeping the map on the HUD to increase awareness of cars coming up on me? I've got CrewChief running with the spotter and radar on but that only let's you know when others are right there. Or do you just rely on your rear view mirror?

cheers

I rely on Crew Chief and the HUD spotter as I don't like too many things to draw my attention from the task at hand. Some of the guys will also communicate via TeamSpeak like 'on your right' so the map may not be necessary.

DTM.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com EU - Sat
Cars: DTM 2016
Track: Nürburgring - GP

Saturday 14/12/19
Practice:
15:00 EDT / 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 15:30 EDT / 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 15:45 EDT / 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 15:50 EDT / 20:50 UTC (45 minutes) - Mandatory pit stop

Entry List - 32 slots
  1. Ross Garland (Event Host)
  2. FeltHat
  3. David DeGreef
  4. PurgerUK
  5. Bart Matyja
  6. Jean Pierre Vitabar
  7. 2112
  8. balage06
  9. Piotrek Blaszczak
  10. ko41
  11. Integro
  12. Jean Jacques Martin
  13. Yacouba
  14. Davy Vandevenne
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

UTP#20

Last edited:
GTR 4.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com EU - Saturday
Cars: GTR 4
Track: Mantorp Park - Long Circuit

Saturday 21/12/19
Practice:

Warmup 1: 15:45 EDT / 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 15:50 EDT / 20:50 UTC (45 minutes) - Mandatory pit stop

Entry List - 30 slots
  2. FeltHat
  3. David DeGreef
  4. Steve Le Gallez
  5. PurgerUK
  6. balage06
  7. Piotrek Blaszczak
  8. Bart Matyja
  9. Ti Ko
  10. Knut Mattheisen
  11. ko41
  12. 2112
  13. Magnus Stjerneby
  14. Jean Jacques Martin
  15. Tony Barker
  16. André Gee
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

UTP#21

Last edited:
GTR 3.jpg

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com EU - Saturday
Cars: GTR 3
Track: Monza - GP

Saturday 28/12/19
Practice:

Warmup: 15:45 EDT / 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 15:50 EDT / 20:50 UTC (60 minutes) - Mandatory Pit Stop (minimum 2 tyres)

Entry List - 30 slots
  2. FeltHat
  3. ko41
  4. David DeGreef
  5. Steve Le Gallez
  6. Bart Matyja
  7. PurgerUK
  8. Balazs Floszmann
  9. suspectmonkey
  10. Dux
  11. 2112
  12. paulbee058
  13. Piotrek Blaszczak
  14. André Gee
  15. brc19
  16. Scott_H
  17. JACE323
  18. Stefan Weber
  19. Iguana46
  20. pattikins
  21. cagivariver
  22. emarchena
  23. pattikins
  24. Nabbor1
  25. Free slot

UTP#34

Last edited:
Reactions: Dux
Confirming M1 #110 @David DeGreef

Tried the Porsche again tonight. Bwahaha. Not a chance. However, started to enjoy trying to keep it straight but better to keep that for practice for now.

cheers
Hey Scott, glad to have you join us for the race. Everyone has different methods, but I keep track of relative times to know distance between racers, and for close quarters I use my mirror and look buttons. Carew chief gets on my nerves personally, but a lot of guys use it and love it. Whatever makes you the most comfortable like David was saying. Good luck!

Ok. I'm going to start with an apology. Sorry. Bonehead spin in the first corner (what was I doing on pole!?). @David DeGreef , didn't mean to punt you near the end when we were lapping you. I should've slowed a little earlier to be able to move around safely.
I had great fun hanging on to @sc4dr until a pitted. Got dinged with a pit lane speed penalty followed by a spin exiting pits. Doh!

Hopefully the few gaffs don't keep me out. I learned a lot.

cheers

Reactions: DND
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%