RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

So sorry Rhys, I totally overcooked that corner! I was pushing so hard to get around you, but even with the slipstream I just couldn't get close enough down the straights. It seemed like every time I attempted to pass one of us would bump the other and a few times, I am sure you did not see me beside you, as you were struggling to control that beast of a C6. Any ways, so sorry for the hit - totally my fault! :frown:

Race report to follow at a later time.

Qual: Managed to disable all sound while tweaking teamspeak. By the time I realized I had to leave and come back, there was 4 min left in qual - could not drive without sound :(. Got it working and back, but started from the rear (and mic still didn't work right).

Race 1: Cold tires - a slight off into the wall lap 1, turn 3, lost the splitter :frown:- made the next 15 laps very interesting. (next time I'll set up my pits before race 1 instead of race 2). In any case, don't think I messed up anyone as I was getting lapped, and did catch Dennis at the end when he was off in turn 57.

Race 2: Awful start, but the car handled a lot better :). Passed a couple of off cars, and a couple of laps later William caught back up with me. He passed me fairly easily the first time, it was then cat-and-mouse for the next several laps - good stuff. Eventually Glenn caught and passed me, the three of us were close for a couple of laps, then William went a little off between 4 & 5, which allowed me to squeak by. William chased me close for a couple of laps, then had an off (turn 1?) and I lost track of him. Somewhere around lap 13 I started catching Dennis, and we had a great couple of laps swapping positions a couple of times - his Viper out-Vetted my C5, being faster in the straights, but a half-tick slower in the corners, particularly 4, 5, 6. Managed to not get lapped this time - car is much better with all parts attached.

Overall 7 of 12 starters. A mid-pack result from a back of the pack runner. I'll take it.

Thankds to RD & Eric!!

Good racing!

Q: Qualified 2nd and am happy with it as I cant peel off a really fast lap in the saleen at all. But I can run compedative laps in the long run with proper tire management. I prepare for the start.

R1: Inside row 1 start and I get a fantastic one leading into the first right hander. I pace myself the first lap and hear someone on teamspeak say "lets go" (dont know who you were but I heard it) and I went for it. I clipped off 4 nice laps at 2 minutes flat and got the tires warm. Corey was right behind me but had a moment coming out of a right hander as he was on my bumper. That gave me some room to cool the tires off with some conservative racing. Dave is behind me in the egg and I can start to hear his engine at about lap 10. I clipped off some descent laps and am greeted with the sound of the egg throughout those laps. I continue to push the pace and have a moment on the last left hander having a brief off. I have a little gap and able to safely reenter the track without losing any spots. I keep it together and take the win. I am happy with the performance as this is one of the hardest tracks in my opinion to race the GT cars at.

R2: I start P8 RIGHT BEHIND STEFAN!!!! As you know I have had a few moments with Stefan that were all my doing so I take serious note of who is around me when we start and I try not to make any seriously aggressive moves. I end up in a fight for 6th on the outside of the first corner. I slide a little into the marbles and have to collect it and get back on it. I get some silly traction as I roll to the outside of the exit and pass both Corey in the Austin and Bill in the Audi. I have Stefan right in front of me with Jarrod and Rhys in front of him. All 4 of us line up but stefan puts a tire off exiting the next right and a get a great CLEAN pass on Stefan in the breaking zone of the the next right hander. Over the next lap I lose a little time to Rhys he I think want to burn the tires off his C5 and Jarrod whois doing a great job keeping pace with the vette. Over the next 2 laps Jarrod is all over Rhys through the corners with the vette stretching it out on the straights. I catch up to Jarrod and attempt a pass at T1 but am unable to complete the move. That audi sticks to the ground on t1. Later in L3 jarrod drops a tire and loses it and has serious damage.
I can gain a little on Rhys through the corners but it is costing me tires as the heat up to almost 110. Rhys brakes for the first left and I attempt a pass on the inside. I hit rhys and give him the position back. By now Stefan and Dave has caught us!!! I go wide on a right hander and Dave takes P2 from me. I go wide again and Stefan takes P3 from me!!! 2 laps later and Dave is all over Rhys's vette. On Lap 6 Stefan goes wide in T1 and I get enough to attempt a pass at the next left hander but cannot complete it as Stefan defends the inside line. (I do NOT want to have an event with Stefan or anyone for that matter) Dave makes the pass and takes p1 from Rhys. All 4 of us have gone a few laps in a line with some great racing. Rhys goes wide and Stefan attempts a pass. There is contact and Stefan waits for Rhys. I assume P2 with Dave in the egg in front of me. I do not have hot tires so I start to push. Dvae goes wide in the 180 left hander and I assume the lead!!! I try to keep it so I cant hear the eggs engine. I am able to hold the position and take the win.

Great racing and I had a huge personal victory not getting involved in a racing incident with Stefan again and only having contact with Rhys who I gave the position back to. In my opinion I expercised better patience and judgement this race. That makes me feel much better.

Thanks RD!!!

It seemed like every time I attempted to pass one of us would bump the other and a few times, I am sure you did not see me beside you, as you were struggling to control that beast of a C6. Any ways, so sorry for the hit - totally my fault! :frown:
True, I didn't see you a lot of the time - the car was hard to control (so much damn torque!), but I also had no mirrors. I'm still working out how to turn virtual mirrors on, because in the C5R you can't see the mirrors in cockpit view.

Would like to sign up for this but i probably won't be home until 2045 BST on monday. I'll try these cars/track and check they're not bottoming out on the bumpy bit before the ascari chicane anyway. (i'm positive this happened the last time there was a dtm event at monza)

Brno 07

First let me say that this group of guys is really coming together nicely. We have a good core of guys that enjoy these moster cars and I'm looking forward to every race this year with you guys. As a matter of a fact, this is the only race that I'm regularly participating in and I look forward to it each week.

Quali: Was interupted by a phone call by my business partner leaving me 4 minutes to run a lap. I had been hitting 1.59 laps easily with the Audi in time trial mode but I hadn't put time in on the server to find out how that translates to our server for the night.... so with 4 minutes to run a lap, I knew that I needed to nail it but also not make big mistakes. This translate into my being a bit to tenative and late on the throttle several times: Result: a 2.01.3ish time giving me 7th out of 14 drivers.

Race 1: As usual, I got a decent jump on the cars in front of me and by T1 had pulled into the fray for 4th or 5th (details are fuzzy as I've not watched the replay) but my biggest frustration of the night was that I had someone inside of me in that sweeper and I began drifting a bit too far our and as I drifted out, Claudio was right on my driver side and just behind me and somehow we touched... he was in my blind spot so I couldn't see it but I really hate contact. SORRY Claudio!!!

I then settled into the Audi but never really felt great in this race. By the time I was really putting in great laps, my tires had worn enough to keep me from really pushing it. But I did battle back to drive in the pack with the 3rd (Rhys at the time) 4th and 5th place cars for a lap or 2. It took me a few laps to close but there was some close racing going on and so they weren't getting to run their prefered lines so I caught up... and immediately made a mistake. By the time I caught up again, Rhys had been passed and was sitting in 5th I think. He and I then had the greatest battle for his position. That Vette has so much power down the straights and my audi so much stick in the turns.... for the one driving the cornering car, the best I could do is just push and push and hope for a mistake because even if I cornered better and even set him up for a run on him in the straights, that vette would make up lots of space. However, I know that thing is a bear to keep on the track and so I did just that.... I pressed and pressed. And finally Rhys' tires gave out and I got that spot. I think I finished 5th... can't remember... maybe worse than that though...

THIS IS exactly why I love this class.... the gives and takes between the Audi and the Vette personafies the beauty of GT racing. There was so much strategy involved in each battle.... setup for passes, tire conservation etc.... It's just awesome.

Race 2: I had designs on winning this one. I figured if I could pick up a few spots in the first lap and run some consistent laps with the leaders, then anything could happen.....

So when the green dropped, I nailed the start and by the end of T1 I was following a familiar looking Vette driven by none other than our race leader Rhys. I liked what I saw. So my strategy and hope was that Rhys and I could click off a few great laps and seperate ourselves from the pack but much to my dismay, Sam was on my tail in 3rd. Rhys was no more than 1.5 seconds in front of me and as close as .3 seconds.... and Sam slowly closed in after 3 or 4 laps....

So this beautiful give and take battle between these 2 very different cars began to unfold... I was excited about the prospects of 20 minutes of this cat and mouse game. If I could only figure out a way to hold off Sam and make him part of this fight. I feared that Sam would find a way past us quickly and run away with Race 2. So I began to really stress the Audi to attempt to push that Vette to it's limits. I wanted to make sure that I maximized the Audi's strengths which were definetly through the twists and turns of BRNO and there are plenty of those!!! One area of the track that I always seemed to make up real estate was through the quick right-right turn at the end of the long straight stretch that heads downhill (basically in the middle of the track) and so finally, I was too aggressive and I must have gotten a tire into the grass or just on one of those curbs that apparently are soaked in oil before every race... and I must've given the slightest bit of throttle because I spun out and shot into the barrier for hard impact. I saw my front end come off and my pit crew began telling me that I was an idiot and that I shouldn't have the opportunity to drive in the GT class with such limited talent.

Suspension damage and punctured tire and 2 minutes away from the pits..... It was over for me.

Great racing guys... I'm really enjoying this series and hope we can eventually have full grids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%