DTM Mod

Günthar Rowe

True2Life-Racing Designs
Premium
Hi there guys,

I'm working on a DTM mod, but am have some issues getting good details on the engine specs and gearbox mainly , but all info is good info!!

what i have so far:

Car model DTM touring car Chassis Space frame, CFC safety cell for driver, CFC front and rear crash structures Engine Normally aspirated V8, 90 degree cylinder bank angle, 4 valves per cylinder, 2 x 28.0 mm engine air-intake restrictors as stipulated by the regulations Engine management (ECU) Bosch MS 2.9 Engine lubrication Dry sump Cubic capacity 3998 cc Power 460 hp Torque 500 Nm Drive Rear-wheel drive Clutch 3-plate carbon clutch Gearbox 6-speed sequential sport gearbox Differential Adjustable plate locking-differential Driveshaft’s Constant-velocity sliding tripod universal joint Steering servo assisted rack and pinion steering Suspension Independent suspension front and rear, double wishbone, pushrod system with spring/damper units, adjustable gas pressure dampers Brakes Hydraulic twin-circuit braking system, light-alloy brake callipers, ventilated front and rear carbon-fibre brake discs driver adjustable brake-force distribution Wheels O.Z. aluminium forged wheels Front: 10 x 18 inch, rear: 11 x 18 inch Tyres Dunlop SP Sport Maxx, Front: 265/660-R18, rear: 280/660-R18 Length 4800 mm Width 1850 mm Height 1200 mm Minimum weight inc. driver 1050 kg Tank capacity 70 l

yup, was my first stop, I need things like at what RPM is max HP and Nm out put and what is Max RPM (redline) etc... also gear ratios etc if possible...

• Chris Noble

Yeah I would say the WTCC Extreme cars are very DTM like, although probably a bit faster.

would be fun to see an Audi A4 and Merc C class with the BMW, ALFA, CHEVY and the SEAT!

As I'm not modifying or decrypting any of the Simbin files, and creating my own physics files (.eng/.inccar/.etc) and it will only run within GTR Evo. This should not be a legal issue. Would like to get your feedback on that... This would end up being very simalar to the Seat TDI mini-mod that was released some time ago... where he wrote his own physics files that work with the already existing car and was listed as a second model to chose from... There is no platform conversions or decrypting involved.

What do you think?

I sent an email to Simbin about my Skinnable Vauxhall Vectra mini-mod, asking if they had issues and got no response either asking for me to remove my downloads or that it was ok with them... I also submitted my mini-mod to them with the email...

I have PM'd a link to "alpha" v0.1 for testing...

PM said:
I would also like to hear about how I have made this mini-mod to only work from with in GTR Evo (see Readme) to prevent conversion to other platforms and to try and abide with the legal requirements and modding set out by Simbin.

At this point, this is a private test, so I ask that you don't distribute or upload this at this time.

Please note that you will need to move the DTM_Addon when not testing as it seem to override the stock WTCC Extreme car physics ATM in Online but not offline. I just cut & Paste it to the desktop when not using it...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.7%