DTM Mod

WIP Mercedes...

Race_Steam2008-11-1816-06-21-83.jpg

Race_Steam2008-11-1816-07-05-91.jpg

Ok, I have now converted 21 car/driver/helmets to complete the vehicle line up and now have all working on track...

Bugs to sort at this point:

1. Driver not visible in the Mercedes (but present in Audi)
2. If you change views you loose some of the textures/objects (Most of cars body becomes invisible from drivers view)
3. When #2 above happens and you return to cockpit view, windscreen has rain drops hitting it (on a dry track)
4. Shading for skins doesn't seem to do much/work at all. This could be because the body skins are in DXT5 with alpha layer, with is not standard procedure for body skins in R07/GTREvo
5. Not a bug, but the sounds that came with the GTR2 mod I'm converting don't spin my dials much...
6. No response to emails requesting permission to release!!!!!

Once I have solved a few of the above issues, I'll release an beta for testing...

• Doorslammer

Super stuff. :clap:

Quick question, will there be a "light" version which would only include two standalone cars for those who have trouble downloading large files?

Love them both.

Super stuff. :clap:

Quick question, will there be a "light" version which would only include two standalone cars for those who have trouble downloading large files?

Love them both.

Hi Dave, you skin is coming together :)

back on topic, I will be uploading the two true DTM's by themselves.... still around 75Mb with the sounds...

I think I'll drop the GTR2 mods sound files and use the XWTCC ones, make for a smaller download and the XWTCC engine is basically the same spec as the DTM's and was made well by Simbin....

• Doorslammer

I think I'll drop the GTR2 mods sound files and use the XWTCC ones, make for a smaller download and the XWTCC engine is basically the same spec as the DTM's and was made well by Simbin....

Agreed, was a fairly close match I would say in terms of noise made...

Ok, I have now converted 21 car/driver/helmets to complete the vehicle line up and now have all working on track...

Bugs to sort at this point:

1. Driver not visible in the Mercedes (but present in Audi)
2. If you change views you loose some of the textures/objects (Most of cars body becomes invisible from drivers view)
3. When #2 above happens and you return to cockpit view, windscreen has rain drops hitting it (on a dry track)
4. Shading for skins doesn't seem to do much/work at all. This could be because the body skins are in DXT5 with alpha layer, with is not standard procedure for body skins in R07/GTREvo
5. Not a bug, but the sounds that came with the GTR2 mod I'm converting don't spin my dials much...
6. No response to emails requesting permission to release!!!!!

Once I have solved a few of the above issues, I'll release an beta for testing...

Gunthar

did you try to post on the forum of the modders

http://www.dtm-onlineliga.de/dtm/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=56&func=showcat&catid=11

I am trying also to design news physics for the dtm mod for rfactor.

Indeed there is few technical datas on the net and it is difficult to have pics of cars without bodywork

I ll folow this topic with interest

Gunthar

did you try to post on the forum of the modders

http://www.dtm-onlineliga.de/dtm/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=56&func=showcat&catid=11

I am trying also to design news physics for the dtm mod for rfactor.

Indeed there is few technical datas on the net and it is difficult to have pics of cars without bodywork

I ll folow this topic with interest

Hi there Gilles,

Yes, I have PM'd the author and emailed the forum admin and webmaster as per the readme in the GTR2 Mod but no response....

Oh I emailed etc in both english and french...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%