DTM Experience 2019

After having watched both races this weekend, iis there a possibility to get a 2019 DTM Experience? Or has the license expired? If so, do you know if somebody else owns it?
I would absolutely love to get my hands on that Aston Martin. The BMW doesn't look too bad either. ;)

Alright thanks Kenny. Maybe they get the license again once SuperGT and DTM are actually racing under the same rules...
I would imagine they will never race under the same rules, the series are vastly different. The aim from the beginning was to harmonize the machinery to enable DTM manufacturers to compete in Super-GT and vice-a-versa. With Honda insisting on their mid-engine concept against technical regulations of Class 1 even that might be a distant dream.

Completely agree on the license however. I always recognized Raceroom as the home for DTM and GT Masters. Both are discontinued in R3E leaving them mainly with new WTCR as complete series beside the older championships already available.

There's nothing to say that R3E won't go for the DTM license again at some point, perhaps when the series is more stabilised and they can create something that won't change again a few months after it's released. It won't be "DTM Experience" though... the experience days are gone. It'll just be a car pack like the rest.

I always recognized Raceroom as the home for DTM and GT Masters. Both are discontinued...
Not sure where you got that information, because it's untrue. They no longer have the DTM license true, but GT Masters 2018 was recently released along with a hint that the partnership is continuing into 2019.

Not sure where you got that information, because it's untrue. They no longer have the DTM license true, but GT Masters 2018 was recently released along with a hint that the partnership is continuing into 2019.
Well, I will give you that. I will be more precise then. The complete field of cars of GT Masters 2018 is not available in R3E as of now since they lack the licenses. It is a skin-pack for existing car models so to speak. And honestly speaking I do not see them getting the e.g. Ferrari, Lamborghini soon. Maybe not a priority anyway for them.

I do not want to nitpick, but I do not consider this a true representation of the GT Masters championship 2018 although they stick the series badge on it. Although I like that they released the new skins though. I do not want to sound ungrateful. But as there are other good sims out there with lots and lots of GT3 cars this is a non-issue for me. Nowadays I turn to Raceroom when I want to race some vintage metal.

/backtotopic

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 164 7.9%
  • < 5 years