RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

race 1 had a good fight with adam, and janos:) I tapped janos so im sorry mate:) at one point in the race i had 14 secs advantage on Janos but he got back 1 sec each lap so i was sweating like hell hahahaha. thank god Andreas passed me in the last lap so that i could finish and did not had to go another lap on those old tires.

race 2 well race 2 i had pole but i made a mistake and lost a few places... then in the fast righthander i crashed the car and well dammage not repairable haha:(

well RD and Remco thanks:) and all the racers good and fair racing

What a top nights racing :) Andreas and I were swapping fastest laps all through practices but when he dropped into the mid 2:07's I thought that was that as I'd only been able to make it into the high 2:07's once. Something just clicked for the quali and took the pole with a 2:06.9xx :).

Some superb racing tonight with Andreas, Dariusz and Jay - very close, very clean and absolutely knackering lol. Bit annoyed with myself with my crash in race 2 as I was leading - lost the front splitter and had to pit but a 2nd and 4th for my first time out in these cars was most unexpected anyway!

Will certainly be back for more of these :)

What a cracking night of GT racing :). A bit late entry for me and no setup meant i was very happy with 4th in quall. And what a couple of races:cool: In both i had some really good, close and clean fights with Andreas, Paul and Jay. I hope this Saturday event with GT cars will be a permanent feature at RD.

Thx to Remco and RD :thanks::thumbup:

Wonderful event, awesome track! Thanks RD for organizing this!
The track was not familiar for me, downloaded only 30 minutes before event start. Managed to find a good setup online. I was still learning the track during 2nd race, as I ran nearly 2 secs better time than on qualy.I had very bad pit strategy during the races. I started with half fuel, but the refueling took much more time, than the advantege of less weight at start.
Race 1: bad start, lost 2 places. Had some good fight with Bjorn, but with the forever taking pit stop he had a big gap. The chase started...:)
Meanwhile Adam made a mistake and got behind me. He was faster than me, so closing on Bjorn and watch the mirrors all the time... Thrilling moments.
And for the last two lap a new factor: Andreas arrived for lapping. Had a little relieve as he overtook Adam. Passed me also. Last lap, I tried to make an advantage as Andreas overtook Bjorn in the chicanes, but missed the turns so I had to start worrying on Adam as he was right on my tail. At the hotel he went on my inside, at corner exit I had some oversteer and he bumped my nose passing by, managed to keep the car on track but lost a few secs. Racing accident. I would have no complaint if he didn't awaut for me, but he let me pass.
Race 2: The grid got smaller. Had some fights in the beginning but after that I was lapping alone. No one near me. Finished P7. Andreas and Dariusz gained nearly 2 minutes on me. I don't know how they did it, because I was fighting with them in the first 5 laps. Pff Aliens...:D

Thx again!

OK Bucco, skin now uploaded and posted in the thread for your consideration.....

This is a brand new sponser who are entering racing for the first time. I carry all their hopes and ambitions and at present have 100% backing from them. All they ask is to do the best I can and most importantly give them so air time for promotional reasons. They are hoping for some top ten results later in the season so lets see if we can do better than that for them.

The question does need to be asked..... "Can you fix it?"

Great racing, guys! Really enjoyed it, so thank you all! I qualified in P6 and finished both races in P6. So I guess that was my place. :)

I could have done better in race 2, though, if I didn't forget to press that damn Confirm button in the pit screen. Oh well, hopefully, that will teach me. ;)

Had nothing to do today, so i joint this GT pro event which i normally not drive often. (last in ETC 2008 :). Take the Lister Storm from good old GTR2 and jump in training. Try my best and could run 2:07 which was close to Paul, so was hoping for a nice race.

Qualy: Paul did a great lap and beat the 2:07 in hotlap, so for me P2 but now closer to Jay, Dariusz and Remco.

Race 1: Coueld hold my place after start and one mistake by Paul gave me P1. Next lap almost spin and lost again P1 to Paul. now i watched some laps his sweety back till he spin unlucky in front of me. With a comfortable gap i could run my way without much stress. Pitted before Paul, Dariusz and Jay and was thinking, normally you should get P1 back. but after Dariusz pit he came close in front of me back on track. :tongue: Touched us already in the left but lucky no spin happen.
I had 4 new tyres and i guess Dariusz not and after he braking too late one time i got P1 back and could finished it with some seconds before Paul in P2. Nice racing with Paul and Dariusz this one. :)

Race 2: Started on P8 and wanted first look what happen. Second corner Bjorn go wide and Remco spin, so 2 places up behind Dariusz and Paul. Unfortunately had then two incidents with Maxim and wait two time. :sorry: for that Maxim. Could then overtake, think Janos and Remco cause of a lag from him. Now i started the chase to Philippe on P4 and and one corner he go wide i could go throught. Then stop earlier then race before to win some seconds to the top. Change all 4 tyres to have best grip for last 25 min. First good point for me to pass Jay as he pitted, could set me close in front as he came out. He was similar fast first which make me a bit nervous but after a mistake from him had again free driving. Now i pushed like hell to get Dariusz and that with low 2:07 which surprised myself. But before i reached Dariusz i overtook unlucky Paul who lost his splitter and had to pit. :hammer:
With one second behind Dariusz it was suddently not so easy to make pressure to him. He was good out of the corners, in Braking i could close mostly the gap. With two laps to go i could pass him before the shicane but sure he defend not as i had expect it. So also P1 in race 2, what a great result for me. :redface:
I´m sure for this Dariusz will:pcbeat: next with the Mini, can´t await it.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Thanks everybody for racing, two very lovely races. Had expected more incidents with this not so easy to handle cars but everybody did it well. :thumb:

:thanks: Remco for the event, hope you can get your lags away - which i notice race 2:clover:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%