RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
POSTER 02.png

Welcome to the R3E Racing Club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server: Click here
Crew Chief Download: Click Here

The use of Crew Chief is mandatory in our Club racing, as it adds an audio spotter which helps avoid unnecessary incidents. We also highly recommend that you join us on Discord and engage with your fellow drivers!

Tuesday 06/04/21
Practice Server:
RaceDepartment - Practice
Race Server: RaceDepartment - Racing Club
Class: DTM 2014 / 2015 / 2016
Track: Bathurst - Mount Panorama

Practice: 18:00 UTC (50 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:50 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:05 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:25 UTC (20 minutes) - Rolling Start

Warmup 2: 19:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 19:35 UTC (20 minutes) - Rolling Start / Reverse Grid - Top 6

DTM 14/15/16: 30 slots

1. ko41 - Audi 2016 #53
  2. Steve Le Gallez - Audi 2016 #48
  3. Bellius72 - Mercedes 2016 #34
  4. Ady Knotts - Mercedes 2016 #9
  5. Ulfhedinn - BMW 2016 #31
  6. PurgerUK - Audi 2016 #99
  7. cnuke - Mercedes 2016 #12
  8. Jopamir - BMW 2016 #13
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
  25. Free slot

UTP#14

Last edited:
New R3E Club Session Times

Please note that the times in the R3E Club have changed as of 30th March 2021. They are now as follows:

Race server online: 18:00 UTC​

Qualifying: 18:50 UTC​

Race One: 19:05 UTC​

Race Two: 19:30 UTC​

If you need to know what those times are in your own timezone, please check the RaceDepartment Calendar.

bloody hard races these were, keeping S. Kenwood (R1) and then KO (R2) on your back is not for the heart-fainted :confused:
Not an easy track to pass, you guys were obviously faster but I took the knife in my teeth and hold it the better I could.
Sorry guys if it was to much of an effort sometimes..
KO, were you on (very) low TC? in turn1 you've spun and I'm right behind you. in the stream looks like I touched you but I'm positive I didn't... didn't check it yet but really don't think I did (I would stop immediately as I always do when that happens).
Anyway, awesome racing everyone
Cheers

bloody hard races these were, keeping S. Kenwood (R1) and then KO (R2) on your back is not for the heart-fainted :confused:
Not an easy track to pass, you guys were obviously faster but I took the knife in my teeth and hold it the better I could.
Sorry guys if it was to much of an effort sometimes..
KO, were you on (very) low TC? in turn1 you've spun and I'm right behind you. in the stream looks like I touched you but I'm positive I didn't... didn't check it yet but really don't think I did (I would stop immediately as I always do when that happens).
Anyway, awesome racing everyone
Cheers

I usually had the TC at 10 or 15, that is not the reason I spun, and I am sure you didn't touch me.
I just had to put too much steering lock in to keep off of Ross and ran out of talent, just me being me.

I really enjoyed both races, probably spent more time battling with people than in any other club event I've taken part in.

Went up the order a few spots in R1, pace got better as the race went on (probably means I need to practice more :thumbsup: ).

R2 saw me start on pole and managed to stay in front for 3 laps, I was obviously holding p2 up but hopefully in a fair manner. Then 2 laps later I went from 2nd to 5th in 2 corners, not sure if it was a poor defensive line from me or great opportunism from the two drivers close behind 3rd place. I was more pleased that I stuck with people for longer than before so I feel like I'm making progress.

No offence, but we have drivers of all skill levels in our club so I don't just cater for the top guys. Nords is a very long and challenging track so there is no guarantee that everyone will be able to get a lap in within the 10 minutes. This is especially true given how easy it is to make a major mistake on the narrow road and high curbs.

So if I can confirm how the import feature works then that's what I'll use, because that way everyone get's a known position on the grid which roughly reflects their usual pace. Also, it will serve as a good trial for future use of the feature, which I have some ideas for.
I read somewhere you can import the positions from the Leaderboard

I read somewhere you can import the positions from the Leaderboard
Yes, but that would mean getting everyone who joins the event to change their team name to one I designate so that the right people get imported, otherwise it just uses the top 30. Given that nobody ever bothers to read the OP and most don't bother to read the info post, it would be impossible to coordinate.

The questions I've asked about the feature here and on the S3 forums are still unanswered. It appears that even the devs have no idea how it works.

Great races - I just managed to join and squeeze in a quali lap with seconds to spare, albeit on default full fuel, which started me at the back of the grid. Only the tardy @Steve Le Gallez bumped me up from DFL :roflmao:

Race one was my 'warm up' and had some good cat and mouse for P9 until I hit the sausage-kerb ejector button and rolled half-way down the back straight. Then I got to chase down the pack all over again. It was great training for round 2. Thankful that damage was off, otherwise I think it would have been a write-off!

Race two was great fun, with some very tight passes playing chicken into the final chicaney-braking-zone complex. In the end managed to keep-up with @ko41 and @Jopamir, hoping they'd trip each other up but no chance. Nice pace and pressure from @Dieter Bromvich - I think we would have had a nice duel for P4!

I think the Procar actually handles pretty well for an oldie, it's just that it has no brakes. :p You have to hit the pedal at least 50m earlier than you're used to in order to have any hope of getting it stopped in time. Great fun once you get the hang of it, I'm even enjoying Lausitzring in this car which is a first! And on Watkins Glen it's an absolute joy. :inlove:

I barely know what I'm doing with setups, but the attached seems to be working ok for me so far. Just thought I'd post it in case it helps anyone else get started, as this is quite a challenging car.

Just remember that getting the brakes and tyres up to temperature is even more important that usual in this one, as you literally can't stop if they're not! So expect to do at least 2-3 slow laps when you leave the pits before trying to push.

It does seem to have pretty chronic understeer and does not want to turn in. I managed to get it semi tolerable by putting the anti roll bars at their maximum extents

It does seem to have pretty chronic understeer and does not want to turn in.
I haven't touched the ARBs and I find it ok. You just need to slow down a bit more so you don't overwork the old tyres, and also don't apply power until you're pretty much straightened up for the exit. (Unless you're purposely trying to induce a slide, which is good fun though not advisable during an actual race!) I think it's more about breaking the habit of trying to drive it like a modern GT3 or something. It's a different era of car.

The old golden rule applies... slow in, fast out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%