AC DTM @ Barcelona GP - Tuesday 25 April 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great race guys with a very nice rolling start :thumbsup:
I had a great battle with @DanielC in the middle of the race, but I realized too late that my Medium tyres strategy was pretty wrong :roflmao:.
Anyway, nice DTM action overall.
Next week event is up, this time it will be broadcasted, we will go in temple of speed, in the Autodromo of Monza.

We had a nice little battle mate :thumbsup: Door to door through a few turns.

I think I should of started on mediums then switched to hards rather than hard/hard. Also the Alphas brakes seem its weak point, I'm at 100% pressure and slamming the anchors on it struggles to even lock up the tyres.

Great race again though :)

And indeed this is a friendly place.
All the drivers are welcome, no matter their pace. We are always learning, mistakes can occur and will definitely occur, and no reason to make a drama of it.
In case of incidents we first ask to the drivers to solve the thing privately like gentlemen, instead of making public accusations in the forum.
@Rui Santos , if you want to continue, please do it via pm, you can also add me to the private conversation.

No worries Glaurung, as i won't be wasting more time with this, as i'm new to this aswell. Anyway i think some people should be reviewed each race, and educate them to don't do those mistakes in future races. Those are just fun events, but some racing behaviour must be CLEAR for all! In touring cars is acceptable some kind of contact, bit some moves are simply far off racing rules.

This was my incident, this can't be acceptable, as you'll understand, this is what i'm talking about...

Also results should be revealed after those events, just a suggestion.

Cheers and see you next time!

I got hit while under a blue flag, why I asked the question. i'm a new racer here, I was under the impression from my time here so far that this was a friendly place to be.

If an admin wants to review the incident, it will clearly show I slowed down, moved to the side of the track and got sideswiped off the track. It was my only incident in the race, so I'm not sure how that could or would constitute ruining the race for everybody, but I do have a worried anxiety that being the new guy I might not be as on the pace as people that have been doing it for years.

I have no problem with admitting when i'm in the wrong, I'll apologise to anybody.

sorry for my awfoul english..

Des Dearman, ( your car Mercedes ?)
Your contact in the race with the blue flag is with me. And it's not a problem for me, I was sad because you crashed ... honestly, under pressure, it's possible my car has drifted out, when you're rabid. i hope see you in a futur race for a real battle

sorry for my awfoul english..

Des Dearman, ( your car Mercedes ?)

Thanks for clearing this all up. Like yourself, I feel just as bad whenever I contact another car. I'm still very much at the stage where I'm treading on egg shells when attending any kind of online race, least of all with you guys.
Perhaps I was a little over the top the other night after the race, a combination of all things, the worst of which being the sword of Damocles hanging over, while knowing id done wrong, regardless if it related to rui's issue or not.

Knock it behind, hit up the future.. look forward to racing with yourself again after Monza.

Attending club races will definitely help in gaining experience with online races. As I said many times before, this is a much higher level of competition compared to off line race with AI. Building experience with club races will allow you to better handle the pressure, be more competitive and consistent, a better driver overall.
Don't be discouraged by any mistake/incident or by a lack of pace, it's part of the game (it's actually a game, in the end), and at the end of every race you'll be a better driver than you were at the start.
As @Geof signature says:
"I never lose. Either I win, or I learn".

I've found this to be true too. Used to have a hard time completing a race when I first started sim racing as was too eager to make up places on the first lap and getting involved in first corner incidents.
Joined RD and had some training sessions and club races and now, whether it's AI or online with other drivers I'm much calmer at the starts, backing off a little more and picking my way through the other incidents. Now I'm more measured about overtaking. Planning the move lap after lap. If I get involved in accident either my fault or someone elses, I take a breath, work out which way I'm facing and then check my mirrors and track map before getting back on the track.
It's all a learning experience and to be able to do it in a chilled and fun environment really does make you more confident and a better driver.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 423 39.7%