1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU DTM `92 vs Touring Classics @ Anderstorp - Sun 10Sep17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Aug 29, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 10-09-17
  1. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +934
    Good race very exhausting spent most of my time defending my position and ultimately losing them but still a good race all the same thanks guys for the challenge.
    @PurgerUK I must apologise once again for my mistakes outbreak myself and gave you a bit of bash but I did gave back the position anyway. The second one simply run out of front end grip so I simply let off the brake as I knew I wasn't going to make it and probably cause more of a problem and coasted off the track hoping not to hit anybody as I went between you both, not sure who the other was though. So sorry to him too. Good fun, enjoyed it.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +230
    Was a fun race on my part, surprised myself with 5th in Qualifying, going about a second quicker than I had previously. Got an ok start but had to keep it cool with a battle between @SweAlex and @Roggan at the start. Had @Dennis Härz on my bumper the entireeee race, literally from the lights out. Surprised that @SweAlex made a stop about halfway through as my tyres were amazingly alright. Never driven a real car, which makes downshifting interesting :D without heel and toe. Kept battling for 4th through until the last lap where I thought I'd taken Dennis out so slowed, only to find him in front of me by a second :rolleyes:. Then span on the final corner dropping me to 7th. Overall amazing fun and I'll be back soon. ;):)

• Like Like x 8
  3. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +934
    I didn't make a pit stop but on retrospect I think I should have as for the amount of fuel I had on board I probably would have gone just as fast in reverse. And my tyres in the last 9 minutes were absolutely knackered and I mean knackered 2% front left and 6% front right. But hey ho live and learn.

• Like Like x 3
  4. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +230
    I think most didn't, but I wish I did considering the condition of my tyres at the end :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. SweAlex

SweAlex
    Premium

Ratings:
    +78

Good fun. My front left Tire was red when I pited. And by the finish line. It had Been yellow for a couple of laps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  6. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +230
    Serious! Mine only dipped into the yellow a lap after you pitted. I'd expect the Beemer to be better on tyres than my boat!

7. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,042
    Excellent racing guys, that was really good fun! Didn't get far up the field but I never care about that in these cars because they're just so much fun to drive regardless.

Apologies to @Ole Marius Myrvold. I know you waited for me but there really was no need. I shut the door too late and left you with nowhere to go but into my back end, so if anything the contact was my fault not yours. :redface:

No pitstop for me, and I'm pretty sure quite a few others didn't either. I was interested to see if many people would given that there was no mandatory stop.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +903
    40min practice+ 15 quali+ 40 race and no sign of exhaustion or illness from VR, yay :D fun race, great cars, wish there was bigger variety in cars, felt like every second one is bmw or merc :p I decided to pitstop since ive never done it, especially in vr but i think thats the last time i do that without it being mandatory

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,280
    I completely disagree!!

I locked my front wheels, and for me it felt like I did a messy divebomb. It felt like a really awful, terrible thing from my side.
    I was sitting on a Norwegian TS, talking there, just listening to the RD one tonight, but I would've said the same if I could've answered you live as well.
    Haven't watched the replay though, but I would think it shows the same, me locking my front wheels and just knocking you sideways, like a NASCAR-driver on a road course...

I am sorry!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Nick Hill

Nick Hill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +210
    Really great racing, everyone!

40 minutes was a long enough race to have hit a bit of lap traffic - please take my tone as being completely devoid of conceit (I'm only a midfield middler myself, after all), but I am sending out a big "well done" to the lapped cars I did come across. Getting passed sucks...getting lapped sucks even worse (I know from plenty of first hand experience on both counts), but everyone I came upon was extremely calm, predictable, and courteous. People were clearly watching their mirrors and being situationally aware.

The art of being passed by a faster car is something I certainly never would have recognized as a skill until I started sim racing, but it most definitely is! It's a vital part of racecraft and a critical feature of competition driving.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +903
    is that a bad thing? :D

• Haha Haha x 4
  12. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,042
    Hah, ok. I guess we can call it a racing incident then. :) I knew you were close but was so busy trying not to lose the position under braking that I wasn't watching you in my mirrors. I thought I cut you off, though Crew Chief did only warn me you were alongside a split second before contact. But hey, if you're fine I'm fine so it's all good. :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,280
    Likewise, as I feel it's my fault. If you're fine, I'm fine! ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Joeks

Joeks
    Premium

Ratings:
    +115
    Nice race guys:thumbsup: Thx..

• Like Like x 4
  15. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +801
    Great race once again, Thank you guys:thumbsup:
    Must point out the awesome battle w/ @A.Rae, really good driving, patience and skill. Great pass in last corner:cool:. really close finish. WELL DONE Alex! 2017-09-10 2244 0002 (3).jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Wow Wow x 3
  16. Dennis Härz

Dennis Härz
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    great race Peter and what a fight for 4th position!:) You didn't take me out so there was no need to slow down. I thought you went out of fuel :laugh: but anyway was great fun and see you in the next race.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,195
    From the stewards pov:whistling:
    Great race guys, some really good battles and watching the back of the cars step out was fun.
    Congrats to the podium and to all for attending also for such gentlemanly behaviour:)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +230
    :D I had tons of fuel left. Overestimated my pace. When I attempted a cut back on you through the second banked hairpin I tapped your rear which I thought sent you spinning off. A shame because I think I could have had you into the next left ;):) Was awesome fun though, felt like I was going to get overtaken every time I went into the final corner.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SweAlex

SweAlex
    Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    It's all about my driving. My brother Magnus and my friend Robert was able to Finnish without piting with the same car. So must learn more about tire management :D

• Like Like x 2
  20. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +233
    Enjoyed the race chaps, personal nightmare for me, thought I'd make a cheeky pitstop, couldn't find my box, so quick drive to one end of pit then reverse all the way back to box 1 (hidden), in my haste to make up time I seem to have put in fuel I didn't need and leaving the shot tyres on back into the action and BANG, front left gave out, so whole lap with a flat (apologies if I hindered anyone, tried to stay out of the way), out with a fresh set of tyres only for race to finish, well someone has to hold up the rest of you, no top without a bottom!
    Again great racing gentlemen!

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2