RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this race was really messy... First @Bunny:K[UK] gave me no room for 2 times, then we made contact. I don't know if it was my fault (but after looking at the replay in slow-mo I don't think it was my fault) but I had contact with @Bunny:K[UK]. I think you stole my line, then braked earlier than me and we touched.

Then there was several incidents between @Beikirch and @Kurupt CDN. From my point of view it looked like it was Ralfs fault, but I have not watched it afterwards, and that is up to you guys to work out.

Then I was in no mans land, so I slowed down a bit to let @Kurupt CDN come up closer after he had spun out 2 or 3 times. Then I got a slowdown, made a stupid re-entry (I didn't see you David in my mirror, so thought you where to the left of me ready to enter the corner, but you where still behind me, and then I just panicked. I know saying sorry is not enough, therefore I slowed down and gave you a fair gap from me, my slowdown was only for 1.0 sec, but I let you go to 4-5 seconds.) and I am really sorry. I was my mistake, it hopefully wont happen again (I will try my best to avoid it) and I hope you don't get to mad at me.

Today was one of those days when I could not keep my focus, my mind was apparently on something else, and I was kind of tired after school (it has just begun after the summer break). Sorry if I ruined the race for anyone, it was never intentional.

First of all, gratulations to all the participants.
Had an amazing race, especially my start lap was maybe one of my best ever. Started from way behind without a time (believe last row) and went to 4th in only 2 corners. Basically used the cautious braking of you guys as my advantage and take some big risks because I was known if it take to long the train at the leading group is away.
@Paul Jeffrey you give me a big present in lap 1 as you spun into the grass and give me the position. With a look at the timetable your pace in second half of the race was very fast but unfortunately your lost something after the start but compared to Zolder you made definetaly a step forward. :)
@R.C.Alves and @Matej Lakota was an entertaining first half of the race but after some laps I decided to make a move at you Matej at an for sure unexpectedly corner because the mid sector was mine. During the chase to you Ruben, you got a slow-down ... okay, very angry because your off line was punishment enough. After this I used my saved tyres and let the hammer fall down and extend the gap to around 5s and controlled it till the end.
Anyway was great racing and important to manage your degredation but I felt good today and I'm really satisfied with it.
Thank you all for racing and hope to meet again at the track.

Greetings Jan

Well, that was kind of a messy evening.
Not entirely sure what happened, but it looks like a few people had connection issues, which led to a massive lag during lap 2 that sent me spinning into the wall, and damaged my engine.
After that, I was stuck in no-mans land.
I couldn't catch up to David, and Lucky couldn't catch up to me, so I ended up turning laps for 25 minutes. :D
Ah well, they can't all be cliff-hangers, can they? :)

Well first race had quite some practice done during the day. Practice went Okay was P7 made up 3 spots on the start but got stuck behide some one so back to p7. But after about half a lap i had a major lag and got kicked form both the race server and the teamspeak server. Did a quick speed test and preformance run noting came up so think some one els had bad connection and pulled me whit them or something. Nothing to do about it will do some more practice and get back in to it wensday

Was a fun introduction to racing on RD. After trading positions with Lakota during practice and qualifying I got pole right before the end of qualifying. Start was great and my tactic was to go hard for 5 minutes to pull a gap, then chill for about 15 minutes to preserve tires and then see where I would be and push if needed. Everything went to plan until I braked a little too late in T2 about halfway through. I got wide and lost time and as a cherry on top I got a 3 second slow down penalty. lost about 5 seconds I think and back to third but my tires were relatively fresh so I could push. Got to Lakota an dput some pressure on him. His tires where worse then mine which gave me that spot. Then I reduced the gap to Stange from 5 seconds too about two and a half.

Small thing I'd like to add, sorry if this has been discussed before elsewhere. In my opinion those slow down penalties do more harm then good. I feel like the penalties are mostly given to drivers who lose time already (like my situation) or drivers who get pushed off. If a driver really cuts the track and people notice it I feel like you're better off warning him post race. :)

Okay, this race was really messy... First @Bunny:K[UK] gave me no room for 2 times, then we made contact. I don't know if it was my fault (but after looking at the replay in slow-mo I don't think it was my fault) but I had contact with @Bunny:K[UK]. I think you stole my line, then braked earlier than me and we touched.

Then there was several incidents between @Beikirch and @Kurupt CDN. From my point of view it looked like it was Ralfs fault, but I have not watched it afterwards, and that is up to you guys to work out.

Then I was in no mans land, so I slowed down a bit to let @Kurupt CDN come up closer after he had spun out 2 or 3 times. Then I got a slowdown, made a stupid re-entry (I didn't see you David in my mirror, so thought you where to the left of me ready to enter the corner, but you where still behind me, and then I just panicked. I know saying sorry is not enough, therefore I slowed down and gave you a fair gap from me, my slowdown was only for 1.0 sec, but I let you go to 4-5 seconds.) and I am really sorry. I was my mistake, it hopefully wont happen again (I will try my best to avoid it) and I hope you don't get to mad at me.

Today was one of those days when I could not keep my focus, my mind was apparently on something else, and I was kind of tired after school (it has just begun after the summer break). Sorry if I ruined the race for anyone, it was never intentional.

You're right I just watched the replay and yes it was my fault. I had too watch infront of me and behind so im sorry for the Contact :) Will not happen again :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:redface::roflmao::roflmao:Nice race last night guys, thank you all for joining up...

Firstly congrats to the winners, you guys drove a very hard pace so well done... I just didnt quite have the speed to match you in that race.. looking forward to trying to actually set the car up (rather than just guessing values for stuff :)) and maybe even turning a few laps before practice starts.. that might get me a bit closer with some luck ;)

Didn’t really have any excitement as such, just managed the gap in front and behind all race, enjoyed it though...

On a side issue (I will post a separate post about this when I get home from work) I wanted to bring something up that I would like you all to read and understand if I may? RaceDepartment Club Racing rules <here> state the following:

"Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels."

I have noticed some drivers use the 'out of track' areas as a matter of course lap after lap. Please can I remind you this is expressly forbidden in the RD Club races, and will be frowned upon if this behaviour continues. Obviously occasions will occur when you do this due to an error in judgement, and that is fine, but using these lines as a standard practice is not acceptable in our club races. I have watched the reply of this race, and also other events, and see this is becoming more and more common in the races. I don’t want to make a big issue out of it, and I’m sure those concerned will be happy to avoid this in future now reminded, but I want to nip it in the bud now, before it becomes a bigger issue later on.

Apologies if the above sounds a bit harsh (it’s not intended to :D), but please, when driving in the club, consider the track limits agreement you signed up to when becoming premium, and show respect to the circuit and those who race with you, thank you.

Lastly (another moan, sorry :)), I noticed some slightly disrespectful behaviours while lapping traffic during the race, please guys, this is club racing and we are all here for fun and experience, please please show respect at all times, and in all sessions to your fellow drivers.. be it racing at the sharp end or further down the field, battling for a place or lapping a car or even just in practice or qualifying, let’s all give each other racing room, respect each other’s driving and skill and just have some good, clean fun!

.... to finish on a positive note :)roflmao:) these last few weeks have been a real pleasure with you guys, I've enjoyed some outstanding races and some immense battles... let’s keep it up and give R3E the club is some richly deserves!

Cheers,

One little thing about tracklimits, just so I fully understand. This rule forbids you to treat curbing as track surface right? So whatever the size of the curbing, you are never allowed to fully use it and you have to stay on the pavement with two wheels still. So the Audi on the left in the image below would be wrong (He is sliding wide more then doing it on purpose, but you'll get my point):

sddefault.webp

I ask because in some other clubs you are allowed to fully use curbing and then stay between the white lines on the rest of the track, which has become a habit of mine. But staying in between the lines everywhere is absolutely fine by me, just have to make the switch when coming from race to race. :p

U can cross whit 2 weels over the line like the white 19 car does. But if the audi has gone wide on pupose he is in the wrong. If he just braked to late than its a judgement error and that always possible but not lap after lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 327 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 220 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%